Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider? - page 3

mbirrell:
Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider? I need someone to run my EA ;)

I think this is a perfectly relevant question, I asked the question if this forum was about programming or trading, giving that the MT covers both then all is relevant, if you have an EA and would like to use a dedicated server to host it then this applies too, advertising or not,( I'm sure you could see through any poster by checking his/her history). With all said, I do understand there is dedication to helping other "coders" (me being the exception as I want to make money out of it all, according to sherlock) and all other topics may drown some real needy questions, with all said(2) the board can be inhabited by all, however if there is a topic you may not want to participate in, then DON'T, I'm sure the poster will get the message, is it not, more polite to say nothing, than ridicule.

R

zzuegg:

Not true at all. Once you will be longer around this forum and try to help other people you will notice soon that about 80% off all thread would be solved if the poster once used a search engine. When i joined this forum i also tought some of the answers where a bit disrespectful. But now, after more than a year as a fairly regular contributor here i understand why. Most People come here, without using the search once, and ask:

1. Can you make this for me?
  2. My EA does not work on 5 Digits broker?
  3. EA not opening orders on live accounts
  4. How can i use my custom indicator
  5. Can somebody add something to this (sometimes decompiled (stolen)) code
After reading the same questions everyday you get sick of it. WHR is surely one of the top contributors here, his coding knowledge is very good, he nearly always reads the posted codes and gives his correction advises. I know that the whole 'let me google that for you' thing is kind of offensive to somebody, but topics regarding VPS's is not the topic of this forum. Sure for professional EA usage a server is a good starting point, but it has nothing to do with mql programming.

Regards

//z

The forum is open to any question, silly stupid or other, the only ones who think they are silly is the ones who know the system inside-out, I have read the book over and over and yes, I will hold my hands up and say I still cannot do it, however, could you lay a decorative floor and work on your knees for 8 hours a day for 25 years, and no, not continuous, so how would you feel if you asked me a question and I referred the "stupid" to a book, sometimes it's like a mob hanging around a street corner mugging old ladies rather than helping them across the road

R

I've been using forexvps.com for several months and I can say it works perfect for me!
mbirrell:
Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider? I need someone to run my EA ;)

ubzen:

Guys...Guys. mql4.com have a rep of being a professional forum because we shoot straight. I try to stay humble not because I cannot trash talk with the best of em but rather because I respect myself and refuse to fuss with random-unknown-people on a public forum. The tradition of this forum is consistent with WHRoeder response. This is mql4.com not cheap_vps.com. We cannot comment on vps without promoting which is against the rules of the forum. The Op could have simply answered his question by searching Google or he could have PM anyone (he-taught would know) and ask them. If he didn't know the rules well then, that why we cannot answer his VPS question directly.

I love all you guys and hope we can continue to learn from each other and have en-lightening conversations even-tho sometimes it may not be directly mql4 related.

Sorry Ubzen, I think you have it wrong, (my opinion) There are very few questions that deviate away from coding, this being one, surly there is someone who uses a VPS to host their EA, again the system is for use in the trading market, so anyone who has a good VPS host may now refrain from posting because of breaking the rules, come on, if it's approached the right way then there is no wrongdoing.

OK, albeit i have little or no contribution to this forum, I 'm still "member" and I use MT as intended in my own trading, "live" that is, does this make me any better as there are many who only use a demo.

Ubzen, not meant to offend, you are an expert in you contribution, only seeing the other side,

R

robbo:

Sorry Ubzen, I think you have it wrong, (my opinion) There are very few questions that deviate away from coding, this being one, surly there is someone who uses a VPS to host their EA, again the system is for use in the trading market, so anyone who has a good VPS host may now refrain from posting because of breaking the rules, come on, if it's approached the right way then there is no wrongdoing.

OK, albeit i have little or no contribution to this forum, I 'm still "member" and I use MT as intended in my own trading, "live" that is, does this make me any better as there are many who only use a demo.

Ubzen, not meant to offend, you are an expert in you contribution, only seeing the other side,

R

Oh-boy how old is this topic, over a year? Well JJC (on page 1) already articulated a good response to support your point. In any case my comment at the time was in response to the direction the thread was taking. It started to sound like name calling from members who were active at the time.

The original poster's response to being sent to a search engine is what I still find ridiculous.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, thus I take no-offense to opinions <--- its not something one can argue objectively. Anyways in my opinion, stuff like vps, broker, commercial-ea.... are subjects which have little room without letting in the spammers and promoters.

ubzen:

Oh-boy how old is this topic, over a year? Well JJC (on page 1) already articulated a good response to support your point. In any case my comment at the time was in response to the direction the thread was taking. It started to sound like name calling from members who were active at the time.

The original poster's response to being sent to a search engine is what I still find ridiculous.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, thus I take no-offense to opinions <--- its not something one can argue objectively. Anyways in my opinion, stuff like vps, broker, commercial-ea.... are subjects which have little room without letting in the spammers and promoters.

Agree on all points, its seems though, there is Helpers on this forum who "rubbish" for a better word, others with "read the book" etc.. how easy would it be to answer a question if you are going to take the time to place your hands on the keyboard and type, any how Ubzen, you can have the last word and thank's for being gentle,

R

robbo:

Agree on all points, its seems though, there is Helpers on this forum who "rubbish" for a better word, others with "read the book" etc.. how easy would it be to answer a question if you are going to take the time to place your hands on the keyboard and type, any how Ubzen, you can have the last word and thank's for being gentle,

1. If they post a question that should be answered in the book, we could answer it. Then the next day we will have to answer another, and another, etc. RTFM is appropriate for those morons.
  2. If they post a code this for me, we could code it. Then the next day we have another code it. We'd never get any of our work done. No Slave here is appropriate for those morons.
  3. If they post a how do I fix this 130 error, we could fix it. Then the next day we'd have another. We'd never get any of our work done. Use the search button is appropriate for those morons.
  4. When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. This thread is off topic.

fellas, if someone getting rude and misbehaving with other, they why pay attention at all..?? Let him shout alone in dark...

WHRoeder, point no.4 if it exists, because i never read the conditions makes me a waste of time, so I have no place on this forum, I cannot get my head around coding and cannot contribute to any post on this forum about coding.

Points 1,2, and 3, who says you have to help anyone, and as for using the word "morons" its obvious you lack of respect somewhere inside you, maybe one day one of these "morons" may well save you life one day, this "moron" carries a donor card,

So, this thread may well be off topic but this forum is now boycotted by myself, there were some who did try to help but in general, I gained nothing from being part of it,

Robert

robbo:

So, this thread may well be off topic but this forum is now boycotted by myself, there were some who did try to help but in general, I gained nothing from being part of it,

Robert

You mist the point of Forums . . . it's not about what you gain, it's about what you contribute . . . if everyone took your attitude and sought to gain there would be nothing gained by anyone as nobody would contribute.
Reason: