New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1260 - page 3

After update, MT4 my mt 4 expert file no found can not compile file, Please help ,thank

Eleni Anna Branou:

An update doesn't vanish any expert or indicator files, you've confused something out.

How about update the My MT 4 Navigtor Exper Advisor  can not compile  to MetaEditor, MetaEditor expert file no is missing ex4 file,where can found back the  EA  ex4  at MetaEditor compile

Also trying to download MT4 and keep getting MT5...help

Goliathisdead: Also trying to download MT4 and keep getting MT5...help
If you had used this you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29
Or the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - MT4 - General - MQL5 programming forum #2

This build 1260 has serious bug when sending email, it just happened without any signs on last  Thursday.

I checked on mt4 settings, tried mail test on settings, it returns nothing,nothing generate on logs.

I reboot mt4,and it works fine now.

That's a huge bug because I was running previous version of mt4 perfectly for the last two years.

Hao Liu: That's a huge bug
IIRC, the maximum limit on emails, is just like SendNotification, "no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute." Add a Sleep(6) after the SendMail and wrap a mutex around both.

Since this update, all the brokers MT4 (and MT5) have stopped working. Up to then, MT4 worked perfectly. I use a ARM version of windows 10 in a Huawei Matebook E. The program connects and then all the charts appear as "Waiting to update" and the number down in the right with the data doesn't grow. Now I have to ask all the time my wife her laptop. I want my MT4 before update back...

It's been a long time since someone reported "Waiting for update."
  1. According to IBFX, open market watch (control-m) drag the symbol to the chart. Init() probably would fire.
              EA stops working after "WAITING FOR UPDATE" message... need help! - MQL4 programming forum #3 2012.06.29
              "Waiting for update" - Live Charts - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.050.04
  2. on some brokers demo accounts expire after several weeks, need to reopen periodically.
              Message "Waiting for update" - MQL4 programming forum 2012.10.30
  3. Close the terminal and delete <data folder>\..\config\terminal.ini You'll loose the placement of any open charts.
              Toolbars disappear - MQL4 programming forum 2011.10.14
Otherwise, backup your data, uninstall the terminal, delete the data directory, reinstall.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Beta version of the MetaTrader 5 build 2430 platform: Subscription service, interface improvements and convenient features in MetaEditor

Renat Fatkhullin , 05/20/16 11:22

To the users who think that developers should upgrade MetaTrader 4. And if developers are not doing it so the developers are guilty.

No, the developers should not and are not guilty. The project has long been closed.

It’s your own fault that you think otherwise and stay on MetaTrader 4.

Reason: