Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3

Harmonic Pattern Finder V3:

Indicator to display existent and emerging harmonic chart patterns.

Author: Andre Enger

Hi

It can not be said about the author of this indicator

Its value is infinite.

Thanks for your trouble and time

this is really great work! thanks for sharing!

any chance you can add more icustom function for each X,A,B,C leg the price and bar so i can check each zigzag with other indicators?

also it would be really great when u can add TP ans SL as icustom.

but in any case thank you very much! 

serogen:

this is really great work! thanks for sharing!

any chance you can add more icustom function for each X,A,B,C leg the price and bar so i can check each zigzag with other indicators?

also it would be really great when u can add TP ans SL as icustom.

but in any case thank you very much! 

Hi Serogen,

icustom is not used in this indicator for several reasons:

Firstly, if considering going for an approach with copying of buffers, be aware that only double typed arrays are sharable through ICustom(). This means that you would need one array for each of the points, times that for each of the patterns. So suddenly you would need to have 4*18=72 buffers just for the AB=CD patterns, and twice that number for both projected and active patterns. Not to mention continuous reprocessing of these arrays to avoid "old" patterns confusing the receiving EA. Also how would this fare when the same pattern type (e.g. "bullish Gartley") is seen several times in an overlapping manner? Therefore codifying the pattern matches just doesn't seem sensible to me.

The solution is rather to implement either the HPFMatchProcessor or the HPFObserver interface as outlined in the indicator description. If you implement the first you can reuse the pattern matching algorithm in its raw form. If you implement the second interface it's plugged into the indicator as an extension. This has the benefit that each match gets called only once, only if it is valid according to filtering rules, knowing if it is testing the PRZ, etc. The parameter(s) of the interface methods have a structure which gives the bar number and prices for each point in the pattern making it simple to correlate.

Point and Figure treader:

Hi

It can not be said about the author of this indicator

Its value is infinite.

Thanks for your trouble and time

Glad to hear you liked it !

Hello Andre,

I wish to express my sincere thanks for your generosity to share your indicator "Harmonic Pattern Finder V3" with the MQL5 community.

I was forced to upgrade the Meta Trader 5 last night, October 27, 2018, and unfortunately, my installation of the indicator vanished.

I attempted to reinstall the indicator through automatic download as well as using the zip file extracting the files to the include and indicator folders but to my great disappointment, the installation did not work.

I used the indicator regularly to confirm my buy and sell signals and I hope you could offer some guidance on how to get the "Harmonic Pattern Finder V3" working again.

Godspeed,

Tiberius

Hello 
The Harmonic Indicator Version 3 does not work. 
Thanks.

Hello,

Had same problem with Harmonic Indicator Version 3 not compiling on October 29,2018

I removed a "," at end of line 661 then recompiled everything. Now working!

652 void CreateLine(string line,
                   datetime DDateTime,
                   double level,
                   color clr,
                   ENUM_LINE_STYLE style,
                   int width,
                   string prefix,
                   int patternIndex,
                   string levelName,
661              double levelDef //note removed , to fix syntax error
                   )

Hope this helps

st509:

Hello,

Had same problem with Harmonic Indicator Version 3 not compiling on October 29,2018

I removed a "," at end of line 661 then recompiled everything. Now working!

652 void CreateLine(string line,
                   datetime DDateTime,
                   double level,
                   color clr,
                   ENUM_LINE_STYLE style,
                   int width,
                   string prefix,
                   int patternIndex,
                   string levelName,
661              double levelDef //note removed , to fix syntax error
                   )

Hope this helps

Hello st509,

I tried your suggestion, however, it did not resolve the issue. When I compile the Harmonic indicator, I get 100 errors and 22 warnings, whether there is a comma in line 661 or not.

Thank you for your effort to help.

Tiberius

tiberius:

Hello st509,

I tried your suggestion, however, it did not resolve the issue. When I compile the Harmonic indicator, I get 100 errors and 22 warnings, whether there is a comma in line 661 or not.

Thank you for your effort to help.

Tiberius

Hello Tiberius,

Make sure you compile "Harmonic Pattern Finder V3"  with all 14 of the Header files downloaded.

Bring them all into the MetaEditor5 with the "Harmonic Pattern Finder V3" file then compile.

This should work for you. Without the header files included you will get all those errors.

regards,

st509

The code is updated to v3.1 fixing the above mentioned syntax error.
Reason: