Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3 - page 7

Hi Andre, thank you very much for sharing this incredible indicator. Much appreciated. Could you please check the following variable declarations on file "HPFMatcher.mqh":

1. Function PRZLevels HarmonicRatios(...)
  2. Function PRZLevels HarmonicRatios2(...)

double ad2xaUnary=pattern.ad2xa_max==pattern.ad2xa_min;
   double cd2bcUnary=pattern.cd2bc_max==pattern.cd2bc_min;
   double cd2xcUnary=pattern.cd2xc_max==pattern.cd2xc_min;
   double cd2abUnary=pattern.cd2ab_max==pattern.cd2ab_min;

double cd2adUnary=pattern.cd2ad_max==pattern.cd2ad_min;

Should these be "bool" instead of "double" ?   It is uncertain what the result would be for bool b1 = (bool b2 && double x);

For those interested, trading statistics based on SP500 data are shown on chart. With weekly data, the Cypher pattern did catch the bullish retracement at the end of March 2020.

Est! Est! Est! Said a Bavarian bishop commissioned by the German emperor to find the best Italian wine when he found it. Est! Est! Est! I say about this indicator. This is the indicator !!! If you know how to use it, it has great value for you. Thank you for sharing it.

Hey guys I want to ask what prob 44.40 mean in the harmonic pattern finder V3

Revo Trades:
Please create version for mt4!

Another community member claims to have ported it, perhaps an MQ4 version is published soon.

aseedb:

Fantastic work, thanks a million for sharing your code!!

I was wondering if there is a way to display only the patterns that have reached a success rate higher than a given threshold without modifying the code?

No there are not ways to do it without modifying the code, or even better, adding a custom filter as explained in the description.

kc2017:

Hi Andre, thank you very much for sharing this incredible indicator. Much appreciated. Could you please check the following variable declarations on file "HPFMatcher.mqh":

1. Function PRZLevels HarmonicRatios(...)
  2. Function PRZLevels HarmonicRatios2(...)

double ad2xaUnary=pattern.ad2xa_max==pattern.ad2xa_min;
   double cd2bcUnary=pattern.cd2bc_max==pattern.cd2bc_min;
   double cd2xcUnary=pattern.cd2xc_max==pattern.cd2xc_min;
   double cd2abUnary=pattern.cd2ab_max==pattern.cd2ab_min;

double cd2adUnary=pattern.cd2ad_max==pattern.cd2ad_min;

Should these be "bool" instead of "double" ?   It is uncertain what the result would be for bool b1 = (bool b2 && double x);

Well that is correct, but those two functions are "dead code" so nothing to worry about fortunately. Was thinking about drawing a PRZ with edges defined by the nearest special harmonic numbers (instead of slack) but dropped the idea and forgot to delete those incomplete functions before publishing the indicator.

Giovanni Salatto:

Est! Est! Est! Said a Bavarian bishop commissioned by the German emperor to find the best Italian wine when he found it. Est! Est! Est! I say about this indicator. This is the indicator !!! If you know how to use it, it has great value for you. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you!

Cya-71015:
Hey guys I want to ask what prob 44.40 mean in the harmonic pattern finder V3

In the setting there is a "Max. history bars to process" setting (default 1000). The indicator starts this many bars back in a forwardly sliding window approach searching for pattern matches. Whenever there is a match it remembers it as a Success and draws the pattern, whenever there is a Failed pattern it does not draw it but still remembers it. By dividing the total number of successes by the total number of occurences (Successes + Failures), one obtains the Prob. corresponding to the empirical probability of a pattern success. But this metric is somewhat misleading for trading purposes because certain patterns like the Max. Gartley have a wide PRZ giving a wide price range for where the zigzag might reverse by chance. The standard Gartley has a more narrow PRZ usually causing a lower success rate, but as the zigzag must reverse in a more precisely defined range, it might be a better pattern for trading.

Andre Enger:

Another community member claims to have ported it, perhaps an MQ4 version is published soon.

No there are not ways to do it without modifying the code, or even better, adding a custom filter as explained in the description.

Attached the MT4 code.

After trying several times now to get past the initial 20% of the code publisher I give up and do it via this way. Feel free to publish it.

There are 2 differences compared to the MT5 code. Internal zigzag is replaced by the default version of MT4 got in an infinite loop and is placed in a class in the HPFGlobals.mhq which makes it easier to use in a EA. 
See in the HarmonicPatternFinderV3.mq4.
ArrayResize(peaks,.....
Till the part.
_zigzag.ZZOnCalculate(........
Be aware that the order of the data in an EA is reversed compared to the indicator.
Files:
31298.zip  44 kb

Sander Waard:
Attached the MT4 code.

After trying several times now to get past the initial 20% of the code publisher I give up and do it via this way. Feel free to publish it.

Updated version Candle history was not working properly. Thank you @encino for bringing this up to my attention.

Files:
31298_.zip  44 kb

Hi Andre,

I'm getting error compile Harmonic Pattern Finder v3, although i have placed all the necessary headers in the include folder.

Installed the indicator on MT5 build 2665.

Never i have figure out what is the problem.

Finally its working.

Reason: