Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3 - page 8

Thank you very much Andre Enger.
This is really big project.

I think you spend min 3-5 months to code them.
I really thank you.

You are amazing!

I don't quite understand what the CHPFRingbuffer does. In particular, I don't get what m_head, m_tail, m_capacity, and m_duration mean. Could anyone give me some pointers please?

Is there an EA based on this indicator ?

Master-Ehsan:
Is there an EA based on this indicator ?

I am going to try extract the entries for an EA too... 

Find some relevant information about it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/278014#comment_9038428

Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3
Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3
  • www.mql5.com
Articles, Library comments: Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3

Aira MJ :

Bir EA'nın girişlerini de çıkarmayı deneyeceğim ... 

Bununla ilgili bazı bilgileri burada bulabilirsiniz  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/278014#comment_9038428

Hi,

You are working for EA?

Ahmet GÜNDEDE:

Thank you very much Andre Enger.
This is really big project.

I think you spend min 3-5 months to code them.
I really thank you.

You are amazing!

Always great to hear that others make use of the code. The project certainly is large and would not have been possible without Davids help. Unfortunately none of us are very active here anymore and can't support the indicator with more updates and such.

aseedb:
I don't quite understand what the CHPFRingbuffer does. In particular, I don't get what m_head, m_tail, m_capacity, and m_duration mean. Could anyone give me some pointers please?

It is a pretty classic data structure that can be read about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_buffer

It is used to store and remember prior pattern matches such as to not count multiple occurences of the same pattern. While there certainly exists alternative data structures for that purpose such as HashMap and Sets, the ringbuffer is relatively easy to implement, and MQL5 does not have any standard library of such structures AFAIK. m_head/m_tail is the start and end of the buffer, m_capacity is the capacity, and m_duration tells how old patterns may become before being overwritten.

more about the pattern probability , HOW is it calculated hits prz stop its a fail is whats computes a win ????

Max Eric Carlson:

more about the pattern probability , HOW is it calculated hits prz stop its a fail is whats computes a win ????

Andre Enger:

In the setting there is a "Max. history bars to process" setting (default 1000). The indicator starts this many bars back in a forwardly sliding window approach searching for pattern matches. Whenever there is a match it remembers it as a Success and draws the pattern, whenever there is a Failed pattern it does not draw it but still remembers it. By dividing the total number of successes by the total number of occurences (Successes + Failures), one obtains the Prob. corresponding to the empirical probability of a pattern success. But this metric is somewhat misleading for trading purposes because certain patterns like the Max. Gartley have a wide PRZ giving a wide price range for where the zigzag might reverse by chance. The standard Gartley has a more narrow PRZ usually causing a lower success rate, but as the zigzag must reverse in a more precisely defined range, it might be a better pattern for trading.

This is on the prior page. ZigZag reversing before PRZ-stop is hit counts as a win.

thanks Andre. 

I could create an ea pretty easy if an arrow appeared on prz start line. 

if an arrow appears in the object list i can detect it (using fxdreema)

just need to know where to place arrow code for bull / bear 

and arrow code itself . or could be placed at the Letter D. 

Then well ALL have an EA :)

can anyone give entry example to implement this indicator on EA ?
Reason: