There certainly is a Holy Grail! - page 9

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Open bar is the most reliable way to backtest, produces results closer to the market. Not the same as control points. But after clarifying this... If someone want an every thick backtest please ask so and I will gladly show it. Note:. NOT SCALPING.

It's great for you if you found a grail, Felipe.

Could you please provide an every tick backtest for those who need an every tick backtest to make themselve an opinion ?

PennySeven:

How does these charts work? There is no time scale. 

They are not compound interest charts. 

Yes, they are compound interest charts. Only the first ones wasn't, all the others are. BUT from now on I will only provide more information to those who want to be my coding partner, I look for a teammate... With meaning.

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Yes, they are compound interest charts. Only the first ones wasn't, all the others are. BUT from now on I will only provide more information to those who want to be my coding partner, I look for a teammate... With meaning.

Good luck. There's no OnBar() event in mql, there's workarounds, but it's "artisanal", it doesn't catch the exact bar open price as an OnBar() would have get it, or as the tester provides it.

Great, thanks :)

Felipe Ponce Aragon:

Felipe, 

I looked at your profile. Your annual percentage gains look very reasonable. 

I apologize for my "meaningless" remark.  It was really just to get your attention. And it worked. 

All I want to say is that over 25 years you have to say something about inflation. 70% inflation in the USD over the last 25 years has to be taken into account. 

Otherwise your work looks great.

Good luck. You seem to be onto a good thing. 

I do admit I don´t understand your chart  set-up. So, I should not have commented. I should first have familiarized myself with your chart set-up. I didn´t - and I still do not understand it. 

I apologize. 

Dear PennySeven,

Thank you, I offer you a very sincere apology for my rude comments. Have a nice day.

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Dear PennySeven,

Thank you, I offer you a very sincere apology for my rude comments. Have a nice day.

You were not rude. I was. 

Have a nice day too. 

@Felipe :

Me, I don't apologize.

You're using the OnTick() processing method with the "open price" mode on tester.

Please to give a try with the following OnNewBar() shared across forum workaround - with the "every tick" mode on tester, for sure you won't get the same results. 

static int BARS;
bool IsNewBar()
   {
      if(BARS!=Bars(_Symbol,_Period))
        {
            BARS=Bars(_Symbol,_Period);
            return(true);
        }
      return(false);
   }

Icham Aidibe: Please to give a try with the following OnNewBar() shared across forum workaround - with the "every tick" mode on tester, for sure you won't get the same results. 

You should not be detecting a new bar by count of the Bars, as that is unreliable and bad coding practice! Use the bar's time instead!

static datetime dtBarCurrent   = WRONG_VALUE;
       datetime dtBarPrevious  = dtBarCurrent;
                dtBarCurrent   = (datetime) SeriesInfoInteger( _Symbol, _Period, SERIES_LASTBAR_DATE );
       bool     boolNewBarFlag = ( dtBarCurrent != dtBarPrevious );

Fernando Carreiro:

You should not be detecting a new bar by count of the Bars, as that is unreliable and bad coding practice! Use the bar's time instead!

Thanks Fernando, I'll give a try with. But will it really change something ? 

EDIT : no, same. When someone will find a way to reproduce the exact same conditions as the open price mode, please to share : my collection's plenty of ea working only in open price mode :/

Reason: