The future of automated trading - page 9

MetaTrader 5 is a breakthrough in trading and trading optimisation. Whoever said anything about CQG or Omega, it's not the same. Rubbed CQG reminds me of the times of Windows 95.

The forth Metatrader, due to its limitations, could not be fully integrated into the business process. The fifth one will be able to. The business process as I understand it is something more than a simple Trader-Terminal-Account combination. It is several simultaneous processes: R&D, implementation of developments, automation of processes, manual trading of a group of traders, risk management system, portfolio control, control of each of the subsystems, planning. It turns out to be a whole architecture. Let R&D be MatLab and tester, process automation - MQL5, risk management - risk management system, etc., manual trading - MT.

timbo:

Once again the discussion has descended into a banana-measuring exercise. But that's not what this topic is about. The topic is about the prospects of automated trading, not about specific programmes.

The market is changing. It's not clear what the future holds for automated trading - good or bad, but the future has already arrived. The opportunities to make money in the market are also changing, simply because traders are changing, they are now silicon traders. What chance does a loner with matlab or mcl, whatever, with a weak internet connection, with commission eating up most of the profits, have against the big sharks with colocation on the exchange and much more advanced software? Where is the advantage that will help it survive?

Big companies don't hit you over the head with a frying pan every 20 seconds when you trade.
They may set the course of the market, but you can also follow it. It's not necessarily the complex strategies of the big companies that make the market difficult.

It's like with the contraction of the function in mathematics.

Andthe "bananas measuring" came about because of the"much more advanced software".

Renat:
.... And they're totally trashing full-fledged MT-type solutions in public forums.
MQL(4/5) + terminal as an environment do not have full functionality. And that's why I, for example, as I wrote here ( till I got banned in a fit of rage by Mister developers) cannot use it at all. But the time zone cannot be set in the terminal. This is a fundamental limitation.

Renat:

Interesting:

Essentially, at the moment, MT5 is an external add-on to MT4. Essentially a crutch....

Am I wrong?

And you're very wrong. We don't make client terminals, we make trading platforms. We've been doing it for 10 years.

I see a very serious misunderstanding of our company's activities. People are usually greatly surprised when they learn about volumes, geography and results of our company. Especially Russian-speaking users, who do not look beyond the CIS.

Wait a bit and you will see the results of MetaTrader 5 implementation on the largest exchanges in the world. Everything goes according to plan.

1. I understand that it's not just about the client terminal. It has been repeatedly mentioned that we have a lot of experience. Who argues with that?

2. A serious misunderstanding of what kind of activity? As a programmer at least interested in mechanical trading I understand very well. Perhaps I don't understand as a "trader" - so explain it then....

3. no, i'm not that surprised. Do you think I chose the trading terminal and DC to trade on the spot? I tried at least 15 terminals and probably half a hundred of different brokerage companies.

After R2 (from Forex Club) for any trader MT4 will seem a GREAT TERMINAL and I'm not saying that R2 itself is not the worst terminal. For example, when you compare it to a natural wonder NetTradeX.

4. Why do not we watch? We do. I do not understand - what is the difference between the coup, dal or cut in the CIS and the same operations in the U.S., Europe or Japan?

Or maybe the NFA will also regulate potato sales in the Russian backwoods?

OK, they banned LOCI, but I still haven't got an answer to this question.

5. Yes, I'm ready to wait and a lot, I think it's already 2 years I'm waiting. except that the BIGgest stock exchanges do not interest me much - at the moment I'm interested in automatic trading on my own strategy on a deposit of say $ 1000.

Prival:

Here, write an article and explain the trading platform to the terminal's users. Many here know about the terminal, because they use it. You tell us about the server, its settings, what it does and how it may do ... We don't want to get banned, so we need to be honest. All you do is hand out bans ...

The story about the trading platform is certainly a good thing. But why do most traders need to know how it all works on the server side?

In the end, it's not MQL and other programmatic tricks of the trading platform that are important. What's important is what you can do with MQL, and what a trader who creates a trading strategy can finally count on.

PS

They better write an article about an Expert Advisor that uses all possible trade operations - flips, scalping, trimming and so on.

At the moment the maximum achievement in MM is the calculation of lot size and the choice of TP and SL sizes.

Academic:
MQL(4/5) + terminal as an environment does not have full functionality. And that's why I, for example, as I wrote here ( till I got banned in a fit of rage by developers) cannot use it in principle. But alas, the time zone cannot be set in the terminal. This is a fundamental restriction.

Bad dancer gets in the way ****?

This is a fundamental restriction. Buy access to exchange servers and go ahead and write in C what will have full functionality.
For example, I don't care about time in the terminal. You can see the clock in the bottom right corner (the default in wind :D).
Or do you want to set direction to north and fry an egg?
Binding via dll, if you have a knack, you can do it too.
As soon as the api comes out, you can write it even in asm.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов - Документация по MQL5

xeon:

When that happens, then we can talk about it, but for now the vast majority of those studying MT5 are only doing it for the championship.

IMHO of course :-)

Of course, they are studying it not only for the championship. But the fact is that so far the REAL money can only be made from the championship (I wish it wasn't so)...

C-4:
While the apologists for super-sophisticated and useless gimmicks are trying to prove their usefulness, millions of deposits are being managed using elementary strategies like the moving average, and all this is being done openly and publicly, based on the good old MT4 terminal.
And so it will be for a long time. You should not expect MT4 to die even in 2-3 years...

mrProF:

Bad Dancer ****?

Buy access to the exchange servers and go ahead and write something with full functionality in C.
For example, I don't give a damn about the time in the terminal. You can see the clock in the bottom right corner (the default in Windows :D).
Or do you want to set direction to north and fry an egg?
Binding via dll, if you have a knack, you can do it too.
As soon as the api comes out, you can write it even in asm.

That's what I do - I buy. If you don't care, you can only be happy for yourself. :-)

Academic:
That's what I do - I buy. If you don't care, you can only be happy for yourself. :-)
When it comes to time, you have, for example, bought a working Expert Advisor (black box, i.e., without sources, or just a non-programmer) with built-in trade time control.
You change the time zone and the author's idea of the Expert Advisor is lost.
You take into account aspects other than your desire.

timbo:

Once again the discussion has descended into bananas. But that's not what this topic is about. The topic is about the prospects of automated trading, not about specific programmes.

The market is changing. It's not clear whether automated trading has good or bad future, but the future has already begun. The opportunities to make money in the market are also changing, simply because traders are changing, they are now silicon traders. What chance does a loner with matlab or mcl, whatever, with a weak internet connection, with commission eating up most of the profits, have against the big sharks with colocation on the exchange and much more advanced software? Where is the advantage, that will help them to survive?

IMHO

more efficient market should reduce the volatility and the greater danger is not what I see. I am not going to argue, but the main driver of volatility is not herd (behavioural) patterns

It is fundamental events - publication of prognoses, correction and release of facts. The structure of these events should change. Roughly speaking, the quarterly balance sheet report of a listed corporation is like a stone age.

Reporting, sooner or later, will be "poptic" and will be available online in the open part that is regulated by the stock exchange. Everything that can be counted and accounted for will go "poptic" online.

In the old version there are "political" figures such as interest rate announcements.

I think you exaggerate the danger of algo-snapping

Reason: