Hi Guys, I am new to this. I am subscribed to a signal,have money in my account. I have left my computer switched on, with platform connected to server but my platform has not copied the 3 trades my signal supplier has made today. What are the most common reasons for this? Is there a tutorial or troubleshooting guide anyone can point me to? Thanks
contact the service desk
It may be disconnection of your home PC with internet (are you using VPS?), or symbol not found (example: provider is trading XAG/CNH but your broker does not have it for your Metatrader), or it may be the other reason.
So, use MQL5 VPS for MT4 or MT5:
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
missing signal trades
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 09:50
Hello Nashy, below are the steps for implementing MQL5 integrated VPS:
1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Right click on your VPS (in MT4 Navigator window) and select Journal. Make a screenshot of the problematic part and post it here in order to tell you what is wrong.
Maybe it has to do with slippage, you may not opening some trades due to high slippage between your broker and signal's broker.