Gann is the Man Indicators - page 2

We will post what we find, in way of articles, etc. Meanwhile, we will have a few examples in the tutorial thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/198355

See post #780 for Gann Box application example.

Hi fxbaja, thanks for posting the SQ9 indicator. But I do not know when SQ9 draws horizontal line (price) and vertical line (time).

Thanks advanced.

Hello,

After attaching indicator to chart, click "charts". Then click "Indicators List", and click "inputs" tab.

SQ9 (Price)

1) Must input start price. This is a price that is a significant high or low.

2) Input true or false for Direction_Up that you want lines drawn.

This will produce horizontal lines price. One color is 45-degree levels and other is 22.5-degree levels.

SQ9 (Time)

In the input tab, must change "Start Time". Input the start date and time for the significant high or low.

Start Price = high or low price for the same candle you used for Start Time.

NumberOfProjections = number of lines you want going into the future.

Square_______ = input true to period you are using, hours, days, etc. Everything else must be set to false.

Hi sojiyuki,

If this is your 1st exposure to Gann, you will probably find it overwhelming. His work is massive and covers different methods and complex theory. He also kept the good stuff secret.

Many have interpreted his work, most have it wrong. These people usually want to sell you something, like software or books. Some things can be found on the net cough cough ?????????? ? ????????? ?? ??????? ???????? ?.?.????? cough cough.

What I'll try to do is post indicators that simplifies some of his theories/practices. One thing is certain, he did practice astrophysics.

Another poster (forgot where I had read it) suggest that Gann's reliance on the moon phases/astrology can be reduced to simply counting.

Gann believed that market movement is normally 3, 4, and 7 periods. The retraces would normally be 3 or 4 periods. If a trend is 4 and retrace 2, then it is believed the trend will resume.

That is one person's opinion and covers only one part of the large volume of Gann's work. His angles and degrees are also hallmarks of his career. He was successful merging price and time.

He said that time is the most important, of course.

He also hinted that each stock or commodity had its own "vibration". Therefore, traders need to find out the vibration of the instrument they are trading, which means what cycle they have been adhering to. He believed that the past will repeat itself.

When we want to project pivot points in the future, it involves astrology. Quite complicated and controversial for trading.

I toyed with it using an advanced piece of software during 2004, but manage to only understand a fraction of the astro tools. At that time, virtually nobody was using it to trade Forex, so I did not receive any support from the community and gave up. There is now one person posting screen shots (Forex) using the same tool I used. Will digest his work and post if I deem it has merit.

Meanwhile, here is an indicator, MoonPhases for MT4 that plots full and new moon days. You must input the number of hours your chart is behind GMT. The solid lines are full moon days and dotted lines are new moon days. Use on daily chart of course.

Trading or looking for pivot points at the full moon days have been inconsistent and tried for a long time. I think what Gann did was count the number of moon phases. He knew that the longest trend was never to exceed 7 moon phases. The 3, 4, 7 count on the last post referred to moon phases.

One reason Forex traders have a hard time using astro tools pertain to identifying the natal date for each pair. Maybe things have changed and there is a list somewhere.

The natal date is the birth date of a stock or commodity. With Forex, we trade pairs. The astro tools have had reported success in the currency futures market, which have been traded a lot longer than the Forex market.

I can only tell you what I know. For EUR/USD, I use a natal date of Jan. 1st 1999 (Euro). The date must be inputted in some of the astro indicators, such as the AstroIndicator4.

Files:

nguyentho,

The other indicator, ###Gann_SQ9, posted on the 1st page of this thread, is self-adjusting. It doesn't go back in the past beyond 2 or 3 swings, depending on what time frame you are using. This is price only.

for ###Gann_SQ9, our probable exit level will be the next degree?

lonelyfx:
for ###Gann_SQ9, our probable exit level will be the next degree?

The 1-hour and 4-hour ###Gan_SQ9 had 90-degree at 1.3306, with 112.5-degree next level of support.

For more precision, we use the ABC, which is the topic of this thread. Look at the 15-min chart and you'll easily see the swings which produced a target at

FE 100 = 1.3287 (hit during 09:30 GMT candle)

Should read - ABC is topic of other thread.

Your favorite S&R indicators or tools provide short and loner-term interval views.

Use of a short-term chart as the trigger is common.

The ABC is very accurate and we like to use this with a trigger chart, normally 5 or 15-min (often swings are same anyway with these 2).

Right now the retracement fibs are nearly identical the the ###Gann_SQ9:

50% fib = 1.3308 --- ###Gann = 1.3306

61.8% fib = 1.3280 ---- ###Gann = 1.3278

The market often respects them all on strong moves. Since I don't know your money management plan, etc., I can't directly answer your question as to whether that is exit level.

I don't know your risk reward, etc.

Pair broke the FE 100, so if you were still in trade, we'd move stop-loss to just above FE 100, adding spread and cushion = 1.3290 or 1.3291.

We can also set take-profit just ahead of FE 127 or FE 161.8.

There are numerous strategies with stop-loss. Some include use of EAs that control exit.

Reason: