BACK-TESTING QUALITY REDUCING WHEN MOVING AVERAGE HAS HIGH VALUES

I have an EA which uses three moving averages. When I start increasing one of them to values above 5000 (periods) the modelling quality starts to decrease and the EA stops making transactions. Can any one shed a light on what I am doing wrong and what would be a way to fix it? Does this have to do with historical data?

Thanks

JHOOBO:

I have an EA which uses three moving averages. When I start increasing one of them to values above 5000 (periods) the modelling quality starts to decrease and the EA stops making transactions. Can any one shed a light on what I am doing wrong and what would be a way to fix it? Does this have to do with historical data?

Thanks

How many bars in history data.?? is it less than 5000 (MA period).??

JHOOBO:

Thanks

No it doesn't.

The modelling quality is dependant on the quality of your price data not on what indicators you are calling.

Reason: