How to install MT4 Indicators? - page 7

miller:
ex4 files are compilled mq4 files. They can be EAs or Custom Indicators. So, you have to know what exactly is your file in order to copy it in the correct folder. If it is an EA you have to copy the file in ....\MetaTrader\experts\. If it is an Indicator you have to copy it in ....\MetaTrader\experts\indicators\.If it is an indicator it should work with no problems after you attach it to the chart (unless there are errors in the code). If it is an EA you have to enable the use of Expert Advisors from Tools - Options - Expert Advisors. You also have to check "allow live trading" from the dialog box that appears when you attach the EA to the chart.Tell me if it works.

Wow! Thank you for the quick answer. It is not an EA. I have some of them like FapTurbo and Megadroid, but they should be indicators. I'm not sure what's happening with those unless there is a code error. Is there any other way to install or import an indicator from the MT4 platform itself?

Thanks again!

I use MetaTrader4 and what you say about installing Indicators is not correct as far as I can see because of the following:

1. apparently they need to be 'complied' because if I do as you say (put them in the appropriate folder) nothing happens when I start the program and drag the indicator which appears in the list to the chart.

2. When I try to compile ANY of the indicators I get from this website I get plenty of errors and when I look at these errors there are lots of lines in the code that refer to THIS website why should that be ...? that would mean they are bugged! that's really great and very negative for this site if this is correct. But I must say I am not an expert with MetaTrader4 so maybe there is someting I am missing here??

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done

NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.

Step By Step 1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched) 3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window 5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory 6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1 7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart 8) Voila... done

I don't believe you are correct my MetaTrader4 will not use any of the indicators I have downloaded from this site as you have indicated they should be installed? I believe they have to be compiled and if I do this they are full of errors and references to this website, in otherwwords bugged can you wxplain this...

retep25,

When the indicators are placed in the prescribed directory, if they are .mq4 files, they are automaticaly compiled (and a .ex4 file is created) when you run metatrader. If they are .ex4 files, they are already compiled and you do not have to compile them. When you drag it to the chart, another window should open up allowing you to change any external parameters. You may have to select Allow DLL imports and Allow external experts imports in the common tab. The next thing would be to Journal and Experts tabs for the terminal to see if there are any errors indicated. You can also try some of the custom indicators that come with metatrader when you installed it and see how the behave.

I like to know where I install these extension at the end of each indicators so they work properly ?

Like= .mq4..>

and= .ex4....>

and= .php....>

and= .mqh...>

and= sound..>

and= exe......>

and= set.......>

and= eld.......>

and= txt.......>

and= waw....>

and= dll.......>

and= tpl.......> in template

and= zip & rar > I unzip it and my dilemma start

what about all the others one ?

I hope somebody can respond

EX4 can be in Expert advisor folder or indicator folder....

set can be put in expert-setting....

I have a coupon to get the best indicator i use and it works for me 100%. You guys should seriously check it out. I have had winning trades ever since because i can predict the prices movements before they happen....Free coupon is in my signature.

hi everybody,,

i have copied MQ4 files into indicators folder. but i cannot see in metatrader to insert the MQ4 files into the chart. i can insert EX4 files but not MQ4.

please anybody help me how to insert MQ4 into the chart

many thanks

reddysing

MQ4 files are non compiled files and you need to compile the file before you can use them.

Reason: