How to install MT4 Indicators? - page 9

My Indicators and EA's show up in their respective files (Indicators and Experts) on the "My Computer", But don't show up in the Navigator in MT4(Yes, I restarted the platform) Computer operating system is Vista

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code. Step By Step 1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 17) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart8) Voila... done

I trade with Oanda and use the MT4 practice account for charting only. I do not find the C:\programfiles\metatrader, etc in my C drive. Could it be because this is the practice account or is it something else?

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code. Step By Step 1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 17) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart8) Voila... done

I have installed the indicator al is working properly. The only problem is the description labels are in japanese. is there and english version? or a way the translate it?

thanks

How do you find : C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\indicators folder?

My favorite indicator is EMA and Aligator, its perfect for scalping and long trading

I have downloaded the ex4 file in the folder. But when I drag and drop in MT4 chart, nothing happens. I tried other indicators which work.

Please advice.

Thanks

Vivgod

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done

NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.

Step By Step 1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched) 3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window 5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory 6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1 7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart 8) Voila... done

Hey Guys,

I need your help!!! Not to long ago, I saw a chart on the Internet, that had both sides "shifted", left and right. I know how to use "chart shift" and get the right side to move, but how do I get the left side to do the same??? Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (wave, wave) and I'm also sort of new to forex trading. When I started I was making loads with just Buy Orders! I didn't know what I was doing and I was successful ... for like 3 weeks!! I didn't even know how to start Sell Orders! I have been trying for quite a while now to get past the newbie stage! There is lots to learn. I'm a quiet, couch potato that watches lots of movies ... sometimes even as I trade!! I've started reading the posts above and I have a question:

What is all this about indicators? I trade on MT4, brokers are Alpari and my platform already has indicators. So what is this about installing indicators? Are there other platforms that don't have any?

genesisman:
Hey Guys,I need your help!!! Not to long ago, I saw a chart on the Internet, that had both sides "shifted", left and right. I know how to use "chart shift" and get the right side to move, but how do I get the left side to do the same??? Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!!

hi, to scroll my chart in either the left or right direction I use the left and right arrow keys but make sure you unclick the Auto Scroll and the Chart Shift buttons in the toolbar at the top ... hope this helps

Reason: