How to install MT4 Indicators? - page 5

fxtrendline:
as I knew there's no custom indicator for mobile MT4

What do you mean ?

thanks Bossxero for the information on how to install MT4 indicator.

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done
really appreciate the info boss, hope I can be of assistance as soon as I can learn something.

NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.

Step By Step1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 17) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart8) Voila... done

plz help friend am new want to help am download here buy sell indicator but where am paste this and use help to show in chart plz explain

If it doesn't succeeds, check that the indicator is compiled well, Change its name and try again.

I realize this thread is not very active but here goes anyway.

I downloaded an indicator from another post on this forum (Stark Bands .mq4). My intention was to add this indicator to my MT4 charts. I inserted the file into the correct folder in the MT4 program then realized I only had the .mq4 and not the necessary exe file. Can anyone suggest where I might find the Stark Bands exe file?

There is also the possibility that I am missing something completely here in my understanding of how to do this. I am very new at MT4 but very experienced on computers. I see that the Stark Band indicator has been downloaded over 2000 times from the same link I used right here on this forum. Nobody comments about the missing exe?

Any guidance in how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Hello All,

I am a newbie to the forex world(1week) and just started using a demo MT4 platform the other day. I've been looking everywhere and trying to upload this Trix indicator and finally found this thread

Thanks for your help

Chodi:
I realize this thread is not very active but here goes anyway. I downloaded an indicator from another post on this forum (Stark Bands .mq4). My intention was to add this indicator to my MT4 charts. I inserted the file into the correct folder in the MT4 program then realized I only had the .mq4 and not the necessary exe file. Can anyone suggest where I might find the Stark Bands exe file? There is also the possibility that I am missing something completely here in my understanding of how to do this. I am very new at MT4 but very experienced on computers. I see that the Stark Band indicator has been downloaded over 2000 times from the same link I used right here on this forum. Nobody comments about the missing exe? Any guidance in how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

The ex4 is the compiled version of the mq4 which is the source code. So, you just need the source code[mq4] and place it in the indicators folder of mt4. Then when you open mt4, it will automatically compile the mq4 and create the ex4. If everything goes well, it will appear in your indicator list. If it does not show up, then you need to compile the mq4 manually with the MetaEditor.exe which comes with mt4 and is in mt4 root folder itself. Hope that helps

I use MT4 in mobile PDA palm OS..it is the same guide?

Michael Z:
I use MT4 in mobile PDA palm OS..it is the same guide?

Never used that so I do not know... Maybe someone else can answer

Reason: