Here is a little guide on how to get the work done NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.Step By Step
1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder
2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)
3) Launch your MetaTrader application
4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window
5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory
6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1
7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart
8) Voila... done
after follow your guide(thanks) i'm still can't run it.....
is it possible using EA that only on ex4 version(without mq4) be used?
What you cant run? EA??
The Guide is for indicator, not EA
Well, for EA ita almost same, except that the EA file (ex4 or mq4) should be placed into C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\
Then all are the same, if your ea is running fine, you will see a smiley face on ur chart.
You can use the ex4 even if u dont have mq4. infact metetrader always uses the ex4 all the time.
Thank you for your help , I have followed your instructions , and can see the indicator is downloaded (macd for mt4 ) in my progrma files , but can not see it after relaunching the mt4 in the custom indicator list . frustrating .
any idea why it is not showing ?
sorry for teh trouble
if you want to use EA for metatrader, make sure to check "allow live trading" in the properties= Expert Advisor--->Properties (F7) to make that smiley face come up .
I have an indicator that is a RAR file, downloaded WinRAR to open it. Now have installed it in proper C\program files\trader\experts\indicators and closed and opened platform. It does not appear in the custom indicators in navigator. The file is a WinRAR archive file, no .ex4 after it so I have not opened it. How do I open it? Delage
After much fiddling around, I have opened the WinRAR file: click on the WinRAR file to show the indicators, right click on them to highlight them then click and drag them to the proper program files page. Delage
MetaTrader is available for free download at various brokers' websites:
thank you for the help works well now thanks again
i need a realiable indicator that with pivot point analysis
How inserting an Custom Indicator in the Mt4-Mobile Trader ???
I can't found the folder "Experts - Indicator"
I hope anybody can help
txs in advance