How to install MT4 Indicators? - page 11

hi ... the information regarding the proper installation of the MT4 indicator has been explained here which i was looking for ... now i have a good idea on how to get the work done...

Only for serious traders.

+286 pips Usd/Jpy on 17/05/2013

forexsignalpips.com

Hi. I have followed your instructions but the indicator won't drop into the chart. I have also installed the mq4 source file into the indicators folder (with it all closed) and compiled it using the metaeditor. No errors were detected but the ex4 file for the indicator does not show up alongside the mq4 file in the indicator folder. Finding this very frustrating. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers

thank you guys for the help, noobie here need to learn.

To setup Indicator, place indicator report (with. ex4 or perhaps. mq4 extension) with Metatrader 4 indicators folder.

For instance, if the Metatrader 4 programm put in in service "C: \Program Files\MetaTrader -- YourBroker", next copy indication file for you to folder "C: \Program Files\MetaTrader -- YourBroker\experts\indicators".

Then, you have to restart the Metatrader 4 platform for you to compile and activate your new installed indication.

After reopening Metatrader critical program, your new indicator will likely be available with left windowpane "Navigator" underneath "Custom Indicators" segment. You may place the indicator on your own chart by simply draging while using the mouse.

Or you need to use top menu: Menu->Indicators->Custom.

MT4 as we see is one of the best platforms around due to its reliability, efficiency,currency provided etc. But installing could prove difficult. Here is a popular guide. To install Indicator, put indicator file (with .ex4 or .mq4 extension) in Metatrader 4 indicators folder.For example, if your Metatrader 4 programm installed in directory "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - YourBroker", then copy indicator file to folder "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - YourBroker\experts\indicators".

Then, you need to restart your Metatrader 4 platform to compile and activate your new installed indicator.After reopening Metatrader terminal program, your new indicator will be available in left window "Navigator" under "Custom Indicators" section. You can place your indicator on your chart by dragging with the mouse.Or you can use top menu: Menu->Indicators->Custom.

Delage:
After much fiddling around, I have opened the WinRAR file: click on the WinRAR file to show the indicators, right click on them to highlight them then click and drag them to the proper program files page. Delage

Hi how did you get your indicator to work, i drag it into the indicators file but it is never there.

dieseldave

Hi Everyone, new to MT4 and the forum here! But there is lots of great information here, thanks! MT4 is pretty daunting at first!

bossxero:
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done

NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.

Step By Step1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder 2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)3) Launch your MetaTrader application 4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 17) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart8) Voila... done

Great forex borker strong platform service,

Great forex borker strong platform service,

Reason: