TrendMeLeaveMe - Trendline trader EA - page 2

I've made a few adjustments. I am getting a hang of this EA.

Really easy to use.

Two open trades now, But I dont like using TP. I like Trailing stops or closing my manually if I am at the desk..

Here is a screenshot[ATTACH]4490[/ATTACH]

and an hour later

[ATTACH]4492[/ATTACH]

Files:
EA_2.jpg  254 kb
EA.jpg  121 kb

4xleader82:
I've made a few adjustments. I am getting a hang of this EA.Really easy to use.Two open trades now, But I dont like using TP. I like Trailing stops or closing my manually if I am at the desk.. Here is a screenshot[ATTACH]4490[/ATTACH]

Thats cool... Please keep posting dude... Would benefit from your experience... Regarding the stops, I like to move stoploss to the recent swing high or low... It is better than trailing, trailing stop can get you out of trades early.

For example: the GU short from my screen shot

I did this trade manually on my live account. Took 20 pip profit with 1/2 lot and took the stoploss to 5+ on the other lots...and the price moved back to about entry Point Before falling again for a total of 50 pips.. So the other 1/2 lots closed out for 5 pips.

However this EA will place another order at that trendline modified level IF price were to retrace and of course that Initial 1st trade must of been Closed out. So a trailing stop could of taken profit, then the EA would re enter for the 2nd 50 pip fall..

There are so many possibilities because Forex does something different everyday.

An Idea:

2 lots enter,

one lot uses Trailing stoploss

the other uses TP.

* another spanish speaking member had an idea of a stepping TP system which closes 1/6 of lots at TP1 then 1/6 lots at TP2 etc.** This member posted his idea on the Trendline EA that Scorpion(member) Made and distributed for Free***

Its a good idea too.

Thanks for Reading

Conclusion:

A trailing stop can be great in conjunction with another formula. We must be adaptive and take profit through the entire trade.

TrendMeLeaveMe - MQL4 Code Base

in the comments of this link, some one added a take profit that scales out your lot sizes at different levels.

I am trying to add this function to the TrendmeLeaveME. EA

As I see great potential for adding this feature.

I wish the programmer added this feature and issued out the revised version, anyways, the work will be worth it

I'll be back soon

4xleader82:
TrendMeLeaveMe - MQL4 Code Basein the comments of this link, some one added a take profit that scales out your lot sizes at different levels.I am trying to add this function to the TrendmeLeaveME. EAAs I see great potential for adding this feature.I wish the programmer added this feature and issued out the revised version, anyways, the work will be worth itI'll be back soon

You can use another EA to take care of trade management. I always prefer it to be this way. EAs work more efficiently when the task is shared. A typical trade management EA is the swiss army EA and a commercial one which is also very good is called Artemis Sitter. Check them out

Thanks, very useful.

It trades only breakouts?

4xleader82:
I've spent a little bit of time with this Ea: and this is what I have found out:Example: basically I had 7 bad trades: one after another, because price followed my trendline and new orders kept opening up. (this can be fixed in the future= programming)

Did anyone fix this problem, I like this EA a lot, but need it to only place one trade then win or lose it's done till I label another trend line.

Thanks

Currently;

I am using another EA to run and manage all my open positions;

I can control SL, TP and several different TP Levels, and a % of the lots are closed at the TP levels...

I will Not be using a Trailing stop at the moment.

The trendmeleaveme EA:

Yes we still need an On/off Input to run the Trade Once/Always

Problems:

1. Bounce: Ranging market: the Negative values in the upper/lower do not seam to trigger the pending order when trying to use this EA other than as a Break out system

2. Candle not price: I have seen a candle that blows through my trigger line and closes below the pending order line which fails to open a pending order at all. Its disappointing when you have the perfect setup and the EA fails.

I dont know why this happens; May the Ea uses the Candle close price and not the tick price. Can anyone confirm??

The concept is useful but not versatile.

We need a EA like this:

1.We draw the line, we name it Buy/sell, and when price touches our line it makes a market order. And that is all we need. No SL, TP, pending orders etc.

2. It would be nice to place several lines on the chart buy1, buy2, sell 1, etc and be able to add IF buy1 enters, cancel this order____

Let me know if anyone can program this.

Demark Lines EA - MQL4 Code Base

Demark and Mouteki = trades breakouts.

both can be used as an indicator and expert advisor.

The reason why I added this link is because this indicator and Expert advisor is half of the system (method) of what I am working on.

I only want to trade breakouts and bounces.

All of the indicators, expert advisors, TMLM, linexcutor are all being tested live.

I will report back

Reason: