TrendMeLeaveMe - Trendline trader EA - page 8

Sorry, my mistake. Didn't change Lots.

Will check now if everything else is working fine.

Ok, I think this jumping price problem was broker related.

I don't have this problem anymore, but experiencing a problem with TP/SL.

I set SL to 300 and TP to 700 (5 digits broker). iDraw placed an pending order, TP/SL looked fine. But after the order was finally placed, a few minutes later iDraw changed SL drastically.

Here is a quote from the journal:

2011.02.11 16:50:02 '2088990372': modify order #42976358 sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.35276 sl: 1.35576 tp: 1.34576 -> sl: 1.35271 tp: 1.34576

I set TrailingStop to 0, but forgot to change slippage, so it was still at 6, although the broker has 5 digits.

Regards

bossxero:
Hey Guys Here is a new EA which will trade breakouts and trendlines in both direction. Trendlines should be drawn manually. The EA was coded by Waddah Attar and obtained from mql4.com. Just draw Trend Up or Trend Down before the Expert Advisor "TrendMeLeaveMe" start. Set properties, run expert and go to sleep or work. This expert does not work automatically. You must draw trend up, trend down or horizontal trend. Name it buystop or sellstop , set BuyStop_StepUpper, BuyStop_StepLower, SellStop_StepUpper and SellStop_StepLower Properties. When price enter area between your buystop trend and BuyStop_StepLower, expert will open buystop order at Price BuyStop_StepUpper. When price enter area between your sellstop trend and SellStop_StepUpper, expert will open sellstop order at Price SellStop_StepLower. The expert will always modify OpenPrice to both orders when the price walks with the trends Until Price goes out Previuos area. You can set BuyStop_StopLoss , BuyStop_Takeprofit and BuyStop_Lot to buystop. You can set SellStop_StopLoss , SellStop_Takeprofit and SellStop_Lot to sellstop. Hope that helps

thanks for sharing..

knusper:
Ok, I think this jumping price problem was broker related.I don't have this problem anymore, but experiencing a problem with TP/SL.I set SL to 300 and TP to 700 (5 digits broker). iDraw placed an pending order, TP/SL looked fine. But after the order was finally placed, a few minutes later iDraw changed SL drastically.Here is a quote from the journal:2011.02.11 16:50:02 '2088990372': modify order #42976358 sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.35276 sl: 1.35576 tp: 1.34576 -> sl: 1.35271 tp: 1.34576I set TrailingStop to 0, but forgot to change slippage, so it was still at 6, although the broker has 5 digits.Regards

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the SL. Brokers are MBT and FXCM. But still a great tool and i'm looking forward to use it everyday!

I appreciate the work you're doing!

it's probably because you had the TS set to 0. I'll have to add a Boolean True of false setting if you want to use the TP and SL and not the TS function.

What i have to do with this EA/

When i put it in my chart i see nothing.

Is this right? Will he paint no lines?

You have to draw the lines yourself ;-)

Reversals are often associated with the market cycles of one market opening or another closing. Since iDRAW is trendline driven and when we draw our trendlines, it may not be the best time for a break out, we should be able to draw our trendlines and set a timer or decide when we should engage the trendlines.

We may not know exactly when the break out happens but we sure can pick a smaller window than a 12- 24 hour period, or however often you do your technical analysis.

Here is an example of a GBPJPY break out that got triggered at a test of resistance and not the actual break. The trade was entered too soon and could have been avoided by using a time filter that would delay the trigger line until the US session opened.

[ATTACH]8245[/ATTACH]

Files:

Time Filter added. and I fixed a bug when adjusting the STEP Upper and STEP Lower values while the EA is running. Now you can change the values and the lines will be deleted and be recreated at the new values.

Before we had to make the value change and then delete the trigger lines manually.

The updated version is Free and found on my website. PipInvestment

have a great weekend

Will

There was a lot of talking about "trend me leave me" 2 or 3 years back on tsd forum. Is this method still working?

Reason: