Kolachi Method of Trading - page 94

Grabed +130pips

Entered sell in euro 1.2180 by slope change of 5wma exit 1.2050 a little higher of resist 3

Regards

zacharakis:
Hi,This order cancelled by itself since price failed to hit 1.4637 during 60min of the placement.Now ready to enter sell in euro by 5wma slope changeregards

Next buy order in euro is 1.1950 or by slope change of 5wma whichever comes first

regards

jeremiahkn:
Can anyone show me a trading statement showing profitable results trading with this system? I am very interested to know. Thanks and regards, Jeremy

Hi

Speaking from general market experience, every person will trade the same system to different results, therefore wanting an actual trading statement is no good as this is not an automatic system. It would be ok to have a general idea of a particular person's success with it, but always remember one man may make a fortune whereas one man may lose everything, all with the same "system".

My advice would be to spend 3 months demoing it for yourself and seeing what YOU can achieve with it personally.

Ogie

zacharakis:
Grabed +130pips Entered sell in euro 1.2180 by slope change of 5wma exit 1.2050 a little higher of resist 3 Regards

The Eye In The Sky (known as Zach LOL!) does it again!! If there's a move to be made, you seem to know about it!!!

Great call

Ogie

Zach

I've noticed you sometimes plot a Stochastic 5,3,3 under your chart. It's a good setting for Stochastic, I've experimented with those settings myself in the past. But you never talk about it in your analysis... do you really use it? I've found that a). you don't need any other indicator with Kolachi method and b). if you do ever use an indicator, then the CCI has always proven itself to be the king of oscillators, much better than Stochastic or anything else (not that indicators are any good in the big picture I find).

But again, I've never seen the need to have one with Kolachi, I think indicators generally are all a load of rubbish. What are your thoughts?

Ogie

I'm one of Kolatci's followers and find your posts and discussions very helpfull.So please keep up the good work.And i'm sure Kotatci dont mind if someone as sucsesfull and willing to help as Zack promote this trading method.There is always something to learn in Zach's posts.And Ogie45 thanks for the questions,we are all learning from this

Ogie,

I agree with you 100%. I also agree that CCI is the best of oscillators. But i have noticed that stochastics with parameters of 14,3,6 and not 5,3,3 sometimes follow price very accurately. I use it also to have a feeling for oversold/overbought areas and/or divergences. Of course in trending periods all oscill are completelly useless. But for me the best tools in all the markets are trendlines and S/Rs and of course the fibo pivot indicator i use. Especially for this one you can easily view that when price breaks one support or resistence almost always go to the next one.

There are thousands of ways someone may follow to be successful in trading but my experience have teached me that KM with useage of above tools are the best.

regards

ogie45:
ZachI've noticed you sometimes plot a Stochastic 5,3,3 under your chart. It's a good setting for Stochastic, I've experimented with those settings myself in the past. But you never talk about it in your analysis... do you really use it? I've found that a). you don't need any other indicator with Kolachi method and b). if you do ever use an indicator, then the CCI has always proven itself to be the king of oscillators, much better than Stochastic or anything else (not that indicators are any good in the big picture I find). But again, I've never seen the need to have one with Kolachi, I think indicators generally are all a load of rubbish. What are your thoughts?Ogie

zacharakis:
Ogie, I agree with you 100%. I also agree that CCI is the best of oscillators. But i have noticed that stochastics with parameters of 14,3,6 and not 5,3,3 sometimes follow price very accurately. I use it also to have a feeling for oversold/overbought areas and/or divergences. Of course in trending periods all oscill are completelly useless. But for me the best tools in all the markets are trendlines and S/Rs and of course the fibo pivot indicator i use. Especially for this one you can easily view that when price breaks one support or resistence almost always go to the next one. There are thousands of ways someone may follow to be successful in trading but my experience have teached me that KM with useage of above tools are the best. regards

Zach

I like to keep the CCI "hidden" at the bottom of my chart and occasionally pull it up to glance at it. Generally, I forget its there. I think I'll probably delete it in the future, I don't even think divergence is a great tool when you really get down to it... but that's another story LOL!

Dare I ask, what is the pivot indicator you use? Is it the normal pivot point indicator which comes with MT4 and most trading stations? Or do you have a better one? The thing is, I have seen and read a lot about pivots, but again I always found that drawing SR on a chart is much more reliable as it is taken literally straight from the chart. Pivot points are again just a mathematical indicator which again I'm never a fan of. However, that said, I'm trying to learn from the best here (!!) so if you could maybe explain what pivot points indicator you use...? I'd love to spend a weekend sitting down with it to test it thoroughly on old charts to really see if I can find value in it.

As ever, thanks a million!!

Ogie

EDIT: I've just realised I do not have any pivotpoint indicator with MT4!!! I was thinking of another charting software. Zach, any chance you could share? Thanks in advance, Ogie

gerhard1:
I'm one of Kolatci's followers and find your posts and discussions very helpfull.So please keep up the good work.And i'm sure Kotatci dont mind if someone as sucsesfull and willing to help as Zack promote this trading method.There is always something to learn in Zach's posts.And Ogie45 thanks for the questions,we are all learning from this

Thanks for your kind words Gerhard1, I think throwing discussion out like this amongst friends with a common goal is a great way to learn. I don't think we all need to follow exactaly the same route, but from Kolachi and our own comfort zone in the charts I think comes a real chance to find our own route to success, no matter what you trade, when you trade or how much you trade!

Ogie

Ogie,

Sorry again for the late reply but Saturday is the only day of the week that offers to me chances to do some jobs.

Again, i agree with you 100% but as you can see from the older charts i herebelow attached when something like that happens then the slope change signals are more reliable. I dont know... What do you think?

Also, about pivots yes it is a mathematical indicator, i know that, so why price react so well near to these lines? I suppose because a huge mass of traders BELIEVE that price here will do this or that. It is the same such a trendline. If you draw one well please be carefull when price touch it. You will see that price sharply reacts. Why ? Becouse an amount of traders BELIEVE that price will go up or cross it. It is nothing speciall.

Regarding pivot indicator i attached it also but it is not possible to check its behavior in older charts since every day the possition of lines change. I think that there is pivot indics out there which seperates lines/day and i will made a search for you if you like but for my opinion it is not necessary

Best regards

ogie45:
Zach I like to keep the CCI "hidden" at the bottom of my chart and occasionally pull it up to glance at it. Generally, I forget its there. I think I'll probably delete it in the future, I don't even think divergence is a great tool when you really get down to it... but that's another story LOL! Dare I ask, what is the pivot indicator you use? Is it the normal pivot point indicator which comes with MT4 and most trading stations? Or do you have a better one? The thing is, I have seen and read a lot about pivots, but again I always found that drawing SR on a chart is much more reliable as it is taken literally straight from the chart. Pivot points are again just a mathematical indicator which again I'm never a fan of. However, that said, I'm trying to learn from the best here (!!) so if you could maybe explain what pivot points indicator you use...? I'd love to spend a weekend sitting down with it to test it thoroughly on old charts to really see if I can find value in it. As ever, thanks a million!! OgieEDIT: I've just realised I do not have any pivotpoint indicator with MT4!!! I was thinking of another charting software. Zach, any chance you could share? Thanks in advance, Ogie
Files:
div4_chart.gif  25 kb
div1_chart.gif  29 kb
Reason: