CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 6

So I posted my idea on the yahoo group and I can't believe how fast I got an answer.

Here is the version 2.0 with the EMA cross contrary to the SMA that I was thinking about. Now the EMA cross will be the only one closing the positions while the CCI will be the one opening them.

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://forex1000.com/cnet/CCI-Gazuzv2.0.mql

Update for version 2.0

Good open positions right now, trailing stop still at 100 since I'm not really sure at how much I should put it but we'll find out if the EMA cross will help or not.

-EUR/JPY bought at 134.19, current profit of 95 pips

-EUR/CHF no positions open

-GBP/USD sold at 1.8765, current profit of 81 pips

-EUR/USD sold at 1.3042, current profit of 48 pips

-USD/CHF bought at 1.1857, current profit of 56 pips

-USD/JPY bought at 102.98, curren profit of 112 pips

EDIT: decided to put a 50 pips trailing stop and see if that works out. Applied to all trades

Gazuz. Very nice results, I know that you are still testing, and modifying, but so far, at your sight, what is the most profitable currency pair?

I can't tell you right now which one is the most profiting, but I cann you the one that is the less.

EUR/CHF I am not really sure how to explain but each candle looks huge. Something that look liked a huge winning was a measly 30 pips while something looking the same way in the EUR/USD or GBP/USD is worth about +100 pips.

That is one of the currencies I am already thinking of not trading.

EDIT: I'm seeing the 50 pips trailing stop seem to be working well, maybe I should just keep that and get rid of the EMA, if anyone is testing this or ever was in a poisition between a filter and a trailing stop please let me know

Hey everyone, I'm back now after a few days visiting hospital.

Well, good thing that gazuz's system v2 collects more profit than before. Btw, I see you guys comparing the PIPs profit on different currency pairs, right? I think, to be precise we should also compare the PIP's real value against the number of PIPs. If you see that 100pips profit of GBPUSD is not equal to 100pips profit of EURUSD, you'll get what I am trying to say.

I do undestand, but I only know of the pip value for the JPY sadly 75 cents per pips with a .1 lot of $7.5 per pip for 1.0 lots.

What I was talking about was mostly the movement of a currency pair. The differences are more visual, just by watching the size of one candle.

On another note im thinking of dropping v2.0 and making v2.1 simply scorpion's tidy up + trailing stop of 50 + stop loss of 25. I noticed that when i checked if the strategy with the EMA cross, it basically just acts as a trailing stop, when there is enough profit made or the CCI didnt close, then trend changes and they cross.. Ill wait for friday night or saturday to change it back.

UPDATE (thoughts):

-I switched back to scorpion's tidy up script with the strength indicator.

-I'm thinking of dropping the Swiss Franc altogether. The reason is that it just doesn't work with the CCI, its candles are too big. and so reaches the stop loss before making a profit (extending the stop loss wont help because it will jsut recross and close the position).

I'm thinking personnaly I would use the EUR/JPY or/and EUR/USD

That's all for now, I'll keep updating

Well after some time away from my expert... I just realized this thing is amazing! I don't know if every expert had just a smooth running here but it never lost. I opened my MetaTrader 3.83, waited until it updated and looked at the trades... All I can say is wow. I'm wondering if there was a problem before with the coding of the trailing stop. I don't remember correctly but I'm putting this to the test right now to see if there is a problem with the trailing stop.

I need help!!!

ok, so i found out theres something wrong with my expert that makes it lose when ti should win!!!

So I need this, if possible, to be done:

Scenario: The CCI line crosses up, the expert buys, it crosses down, it sells, but in the same candle, it goes back over the line closing the position.

What I want: to reopen a buy position as it goes back up on that candle. This just made me lose the last 100 pips on the EUR/USD market with only losing ~30.

Can this be done? and if so can someone do it?

Thanks in advance

P.S. if you need screenshots ill take some

P.P.S. this is for the "CCI-Gazuz Tidy" not the v2

As I've mentioned sometime back in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194039, the crossover checking in most experts including yours are improperly coded. I found it somewhat ignorance to implement such bad crossover checking in which it appeared as a standard mechanism in Metaquotes website. Now there might be better crossover checkings out there in Yahoo Experts Group.

Reason: