CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 11

Yes like forex 101 said the CCI expert is only good in long term, basically trading in the trending market. So this strategy would only be good for either big accounts or in times of trendy market. The drawback is the choppy market can wipe a small account VERY quickly, so the whole thing is to use rather large time frames or high take profits..

Hope this helps, you may want to test it on long term.. However for impatient people like me, this is not the best strategy to use (I like to scalp, i tend to dislike missing a trade and prefer rapid trades in and out in one day)

Helllo Gazuz.

I already implemented the EA for the cci strategy and I have got about 220 demo pips a month. Is it sounds good? did you get better?

BY the way, I made a backtesting of five month.

Tell me what you think.

Some questions for you shlomy:

-How long have you been running the demo

-What settings are you using

-Which time frame

-Which currency pair(s)?

-How big was the initial account

You need to watch out for whipsaws, let me know when you started the demo and all the other questions and I'll let you know if you are heading the right direction or not

Hi Guys/Girls

I have gone thru the whole thread but cant find the explanation of this indicator. Can someone kindly explain how to set this indicator up in MT4.

Many thanks in Advance

cheers

tasse

Hello Gazuz!

I have backtested the EA code from October 2006 to April 2007.

I found that the best results are achieved with 1h time frame.

I use CCI(50) for entering a trade and MA's (13 and 26) to close a position.

I started with 10000$ demo pips and finaly got 26750$. Ican send you the graph if you want. Do you get better results?

Hello Gazuz.

A graph of an EA describes a period of 6 months.

Keep me informed what you think.

Did you get better results?

Files:

Hi gazuz,

How do I import this into metratrader4?

Thank you.

Is someone use this system yet?

Can someone explain how to set this indicator up in MT4?

Thanks

So why would somebody with a big account tolerate a 15% DD? when everything is measured in percent, why would it matter?

ES

gazuz:
So this strategy would only be good for either big accounts or in times of trendy market.
Reason: