CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 2

I was wondering what people thought of a 50 pips trailing stop? Good or bad idea?

Well i think that before poeple have some thoughts on the trailing stop , they have to try it out a little.

I've never backtest my system with trailing stop, so I can't comment much on it. But I think, trade with trailing stop would yeld the same or worse result, because forex market has many whipsaws, and the price is usually temporarily goes up or down. Therefore, system should behave on it own without the trailing stop if you want it to gather maximum profit.

Haven't study about much about trailing stop, I'd suggest you to backtest the system with trailing stop against the system without trailing stop.

gazuz:
I retract my statement about how it was bad that it didn't catch that. It ended up losing 6 pips in the end. But I am still wondering what the expert is using since it doesnt correspond 100% to the indicator.

I just resently started playing with MT again. And I seem to have these types of problems all the time. Wish I knew what was going on, and more importantly how to stop it.

Steven

gazuz:
So I found out the code did not make any trades. I think when SJR3t7 said it didn't make any positive trades, it actually didnt make any trades at all.

No it made trades, just mostly bad ones.

Steven

Well right now since the new settings there have only been two trades both positive.

First one has already been closed and profit of ~55 pips.

Second is still open and it currently has ~80 pips profit.

I'll post it up in the activity log once it closes. I'll keep it open over the weekend

It would be great to hear the experts progross here and there if you don't mind sharing and taking the time to share results, gazuz.

Steven

SJR3t7:
It would be great to hear the experts progross here and there if you don't mind sharing and taking the time to share results, gazuz. Steven

it's on the first post. Should I post up the open position up there too?

I was thinking more of after or during the trades. I might have forgoton, are the ones you posted live trades (demo or real but live)?

Steven

Updated should make more sense.

Very top are the open positions, the rest are the closed ones.

This is all demo trading but real time

Reason: