CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 5

scorpion:
Gazuz, would u like me to port your CCI system to MetaTrader 4? I've just learned both MT3 and MT4 today. It's very easy to learn.

Do you know of any translators? I actually don't mind having it in MT3 right since I am running everything on my laptop.

Also, I think I am going to stay with your idea of trading on that candle. I just lost a huge trade on EUR/USD, it bought on the very top of it and results in a 30 pip loss

I think my friends with your version is happy right now since GBP/USD as an 80 pips gain, EUR/USD has 56 pip gain, and USD/CHF has a 51 pip gain.

All that just tonight on 6 currencies, except I missed practically all of them

scorpion:
By analyzing the code, all experts can run only one trade concurrently. I wonder why you could live test your system on multiple currencies while only one trade is allowed.

I opened 6 different accounts with 6 different InterbanmkFx demo accounts

gazuz:
Do you know of any translators? I actually don't mind having it in MT3 right since I am running everything on my laptop. Also, I think I am going to stay with your idea of trading on that candle. I just lost a huge trade on EUR/USD, it bought on the very top of it and results in a 30 pip loss I think my friends with your version is happy right now since GBP/USD as an 80 pips gain, EUR/USD has 56 pip gain, and USD/CHF has a 51 pip gain. All that just tonight on 6 currencies, except I missed practically all of them

Nice to hear that my tidied version works. Anyway, u got nice system there.

Hello everyone, update for today is, I forgot to put the battery in the laptop. So I came home today and found the AC power unplugged. I think what happened is since the cleaning ladies past by today they must've accidently unplugged it. This shouldnt be a problem since only the eur/chf had a position open and there was still no signals. I am starting to lose hope into the "1 candle late" theory as it keeps opening and closing at the wrong times, after the big jumps. I don't know if I will last long on this but everytime it makes a trade I see it is at the top of the mountain instead of at the foot, which is getting quite frustrating. But scorpion's should show good results, I am still waiting for my friend to inform me back on that.

Have a good day for now, I'll update ASAP

Update for today and still on the old script:

-EUR/JPY bought at 133.63, current profit of 22 pips

-EUR/CHF bought at 1.5427, current profit of 28 pips

-GBP/USD sold at 1.8705, current profit of 22 pips

-EUR/USD no positions open

-USD/CHF bought at 1.1867, current profit of 73 pips

-USD/JPY no positions open

these are without commission. I guess the system just needed time to stabalize so waiting for a longer period of time to see if it was just flat or because it was not stable.

All for now, scorpion's script is expected to get better results, also I am getting the idea that we might need a stop loss. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

So if I got this right, Gazus, your script can only trade one pair on one account? And the one that modified by scorpion can trade multiple pairs on one account? And the main difference between your scripts is that yours opens a position a candle after the cci cross 0, and scorpions scripts opens a position right the time in crosses 0?Am i right?

Ravique:
So if I got this right, Gazus, your script can only trade one pair on one account? And the one that modified by scorpion can trade multiple pairs on one account? And the main difference between your scripts is that yours opens a position a candle after the cci cross 0, and scorpions scripts opens a position right the time in crosses 0?Am i right?

I'm not sure about scorpion's script's ability to make more than one currency trade at a time. But the main change is the strength indicator and the candle its trading on (one of the most important ones). I am about to get some more ram on my laptop soon then I will open a new window and put scorpion's script.

So the biggest problem with the old script is the candle it opens and closes positions on because i makes a big shift. Strength indicator also I have been told helps.

I'll try to make it work on the current ram first thing in the morning

No mine also can't open more than one position, coz open more than one may confuse the script when it needs to close the position.

I've gotten to the idea that I should put a trailing stop for now to get positive results. The CCi catches on very well to the opens of trades but doesn't close very well.

For today I will be puttin a trailing stop of 20 pip since almost every indicator went to 20 pips (one of them dropped to -30 afterwards) to secure the money made.

This weekend I will be working on finding another indicator to close the trades at the turning point of the market. I am thinking right now of a moving average cross only used to close a trade (both should be a rather large number) that way when the trade wants to close it will close at the peak (hopefully) and the CCI will take care of opening at the bottom.

That's all for now. all charts now have a trailing stop of 20 pips

Here's a follow-up on what I mentioned about the moving averages controlling the close of the positions. Right now I have only manually tested but it seems to secure the earnings well and closes before flats. Now I must warn you now that I have only tested this on EUR/USD and have only spent a few minutes on it. This is just to announce that I think we are on the right track.

What my idea is Open the position with the CCI cross, the MA should accept not long after, which shouldnt change anything on the already-open position. In most cases of the CCI catching a trade means there will be a pretty big jump, the MA will follow and when it crosses in the other direction then it should direct to close the trade. This should cancel out most of the flats, cut a bit of losses (and some wins sadly). But this is saving pips, I still have to configure the MA's for the best results possible.

Current settings:

Simple 13 Close

Simple 26 Close

Reason: