CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 4

Well I found out that barriers don't change much, the useless trades it prevents are also money lost in the bigger trades. So in either case it doesn't change much so I will stay with the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) theory.

Thats all for now, also I am trading with the top 7 currencies in the InterbankFX Chart (all currency pairs with a 3 pip spread). All trading simultaneously to find out if there are some with better outcomes or not.

Thats all for now. The Open trade is currently +160 pips

Wow it's profitable from the start. Congrat!

I think GBPUSD should work better than EURUSD.

scorpion:
Wow it's profitable from the start. Congrat! I think GBPUSD should work better than EURUSD.

We'll find out soon. I have found EUR/JPY to be getting less whipsaws and better results in the long run.

Also I have gotten rid of the EUR/GBP, I looked back and saw that it doesnt make enough pips and is too flat. So now I am left with 6 different currencies:

-EUR/JPY

-EUR/CHF

-EUR/USD

-GBP/USD

-USD/CHF

-USD/JPY

all running the same settings, (got rid of the trailing stop, the CCI closes trades before it even reaches a reasonable stop loss so thats good enough for me):

-S/L = 30

-T/P = None

-T/S = None

-CCI_Period = 50

I have tidy up your system code, gazuz. I had been a bit difficult to read. By reading the code, your CCI system was written to give 1-candle late signals, so now I've changed it to give out signals immediately. Tell me if you found something wrong.

Download the neat code below, and rename to *.mql.

Files:

Also I've changed the default CCI period to 50 as you like.

Now I've added a Strength gauge of upcoming signal on the top-left corner of the chart. If the strength hits 100%, your CCI will generate a new signal at the same time.

Wow thank you scorpion,

The reason why there was a 1 candle late is because as the candle forms itself, it tends to cross and uncross. What this did is that if it crossed the in middle, it would open the position, if it uncrossed it would close and open the opposite position. Here is an example:

CCI line crosses, candle goes up, buy position is open. But in the same candle, it starts going back down, therefore it looks like the line never crosses. Next candle that appears, the position closes and a sell position is open.

I will keep with the one I am using right now. But I found someone to test it on their own computer with the same currencies.

Thank you scorpion

P.S. I also updated the activity log. Unfortunately I still had the trailing stop on, final results of 131 pips. No trades open

Never mind. I should change the code to address this old issue then.

Gazuz, would u like me to port your CCI system to MetaTrader 4? I've just learned both MT3 and MT4 today. It's very easy to learn.

By analyzing the code, all experts can run only one trade concurrently. I wonder why you could live test your system on multiple currencies while only one trade is allowed.

Reason: