Signal rankings are a joke - page 3

Grigorios Papaioannou:

I agree the higher the balance the more reliable the signal concept, BUT have in mind that most copy trading services need many subscribers to generate commissions so they even allow demo accounts as signal providers in order to maximize their gains in expense of the followers. Its very rare and hard to find big balances accounts to provide their signals beacause if it were so good , i mean to produce 500% in a year as many signal sellers claim then they wouldnt need to sell their signals, they would live from their profits. Most if not all sellers here generate more from subscriptions than their actual trading profits...so i nice filter would be the amount of profit they gain from followers in comparison to their own account profit....cheers

I do not oppose to the idea that those genuine traders sell their signal as a secondary income. afterall, there is no extra works need to be done and it is risk free. Genuine signal providers are out there but usually they make very little money from subscribers because a real and genuine trading strategy can never produce a beautiful and linear growth curve to attract subscribers.

You wont make big money by selling a genuine signal, you make big money by selling lies.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Who talked about backtesting? I thought it was "real trading" we were talking about ...

Most seller develop a system they test it on past data (called backtesting) and then they apply it here. Followers never have same results in the backtesting , even the same system doesnt, due to lags, slippage, RFQs and many other things that you must be in the markets many years to understand...Thats why they complain later that the system is not working, and they are right in most of the times. 

Grigorios Papaioannou:

Most seller develop a system they test it on past data (called backtesting) and then they apply it here. Followers never have same results in the backtesting , even the same system doesnt, due to lags, slippage, RFQs and many other things that you must be in the markets many years to understand...Thats why they complain later that the system is not working, and they are right in most of the times. 
Thank you for taught us what backtesting is. Time is the most severe critic ...

I also think Cent accounts should be banned from selling signals

Keith Watford:
We are users and nothing to do with the inner workings of metaquotes. You should contact the service desk with any suggestions.

I was obviously referring to the MQL5 team that ranks the signals, not the users of this forum.

alokdandekar:

I was obviously referring to the MQL5 team that ranks the signals, not the users of this forum.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal rankings are a joke

Alok Dandekar, 2017.05.06 21:29

The MT4 signal rankings are a complete joke. Currently the #1 signal "Small to Big Money" has lost 45% this month. LOL

You guys seriously need to re-evaluate your ranking criteria. 

You are not in right place. "The guys" (you call them 'guys', right?) are in the service desk :)

The users of the forum are here but no one of us created/invented the ranking formula.

Seems, you confused with the place.

There is the thread in rus part of the forum concerning the rating as well, and it was some reply from one moderator (he is not from MetaQuotes but this is correct reply) - machine translation from russian to english sorry:

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Параметры, по которым MQL5 "рейтингует" сигналы

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.05.07 19:27

ranking formula is from several tens of parameters. The parameters are selected on the basis of statistics of all service "Signals" (and believe me, that your observation "... over the last few months ..." has nothing to do with the analysis and statistics of the vast array of data services, "Signals"). Maybe you saw some matches - nothing more.

The formula may undergo changes and adjustments.

The formula will never be made public. 

alokdandekar:
I also think Cent accounts should be banned from selling signals

why banned Cent account?..this idea is not relevant..cent still consider an account in forex to trade with minimal size of lot. 

Mohd Nur Amnan Shaipuddin:

why banned Cent account?..this idea is not relevant..cent still consider an account in forex to trade with minimal size of lot. 

because cent account signal sellers carry negligible risk.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal rankings are a joke

Meng Yin Teoh, 2017.05.07 11:34

1. Of course $1000 threshold wont make a signal good or bad but it can minimize the chances that the signal providers create hundreds of cent accounts with initial deposit of $10 each and simply show you the best performed account afterward.

3. Martingale strategy provides no real trading edge and it is 100% guarantee blowup someday. I never seen a martingale strategy that never blowup, it is just a matter of time.

Meng Yin Teoh:

because cent account signal sellers carry negligible risk.

its still high risk if you deposit 10usd to become 1000usd in account, its not depend the amount of deposit, its depend on leverage you choose to trade. 1000usd standard not equal to 10usd cent even in mt4 amount show the same. risk still there if you dont follow the margin requirement to open a lot. 
Reason: