Do you think it is normal that connecting a real account to a demo signal is impossible ?

• 66% (39)
  • 34% (20)
Total voters: 59

In my vision, slippage and risk appetite are the bottlenecks when copying a signal, but as this very old topic pointed out by Alain, this is a recurrent and very polemic debate.

In this sense, is not my idea start another debate, but just explain my vision about slippage and risk appetite regarding trading signals.

Why slippage matters? My answer are two questions: what is more normal to copy, a real account scalper signal (small TP) or a distant prices pending orders demo account signal? Also, a different provider broker signal or the same broker as yours signal?

And why risk appetite matters too? Because demo signals are very risky, since the provider never loses money in case of bankrupt, just you (so, beware about that).

Also, demo market is demo, and real market is real, so if you are trading low liquidity instruments, or your broker demo account market data is not good enough, just for instance, these are very risky and not normal situations to copy a demo to real account.

However, and regarding the same reason, the demo provider can test and discover some state of the art strategies and algorithms, that just high risk appetite traders can have an interest of using real money to copy. And, to be honest, this is the fascinating point that I see about demo signals.

Just my opinion about this subject.

it depends on the strategy type of the signal

if it is a scalping strategy for 1 or 2 pips TakeProfit with tight StopLoss , the signal is useless

if it is a position holding type of strategy with  minimum 10 pip TakeProfit and minimum 10 pip StopLoss , the signal will be good even if it is demo

figurelli:

In my vision, slippage and risk appetite are the bottlenecks when copying a signal, but as this very old topic pointed out by Alain, this is a recurrent and very polemic debate.

In this sense, is not my idea start another debate, but just explain my vision about slippage and risk appetite regarding trading signals.

Why slippage matters? My answer are two questions: what is more normal to copy, a real account scalper signal (small TP) or a distant prices pending orders demo account signal? Also, a different provider broker signal or the same broker as yours signal?

And why risk appetite matters too? Because demo signals are very risky, since the provider never loses money in case of bankrupt, just you (so, beware about that).

Also, demo market is demo, and real market is real, so if you are trading low liquidity instruments, or your broker demo account market data is not good enough, just for instance, these are very risky and not normal situations to copy a demo to real account.

However, and regarding the same reason, the demo provider can test and discover some state of the art strategies and algorithms, that just high risk appetite traders can have an interest of using real money to copy. And, to be honest, this is the fascinating point that I see about demo signals.

Just my opinion about this subject.

Yes Figurelli , but what for example if i have strategy which it really works ,but i don't have 10 000$ in real to use my strategy with ,so why not to share it for traders who have this amount of money ,they will get profit from my system and i will get profit from them for subscribing to my paid signal ,this way we are all winners .

aerotamilan:

it depends on the strategy type of the signal

if it is a scalping strategy for 1 or 2 pips TakeProfit with tight StopLoss , the signal is useless

if it is a position holding type of strategy with  minimum 10 pip TakeProfit and minimum 10 pip StopLoss , the signal will be good even if it is demo

It's right that a scalping strategy can't be successfully followed with a signal, but it's not the point of this discussion.

Some who provides a demo signal is either doing some tests, either trying to attract people on others signals, or is trying to make money without any risk. In any case there is no point to let people subscribe from a real account to such signals. It's one of the most remarkable change done by Metaquotes to not allow to subscribe to demo signals with a real account. It's a great sign that they take care to the users of their Signals service.

There is only providers of signals who are trying to argue about this point on the forum.

tsms:
Yes Figurelli , but what for example if i have strategy which it really works ,but i don't have 10 000$ in real to use my strategy with ,so why not to share it for traders who have this amount of money ,they will get profit from my system and i will get profit from them for subscribing to my paid signal ,this way we are all winners .

You have to prove that your strategy is profitable on a real account. Why someone would trust you when you claim you have a winning strategy that isn't even running on a real account ? Do you at least know the big differences between a demo and a real account ?

A serious and trustworthy trader will never try to make money without investing a penny.

angevoyageur:

You have to prove that your strategy is profitable on a real account. Why someone would trust you when you claim you have a winning strategy that isn't even running on a real account ? Do you at least know the big differences between a demo and a real account ?

A serious and trustworthy trader will never try to make money without investing a penny.

Yes you are right ,i'm proving it on a real account,but it's Micro account with 172$ ,so some other traders they have more money ,and they can invest more from my strategy ,so to do this i can only open a demo account with big balance to let bigger traders invest ,and i should also get some profit ,why not ,if i did something good ....?

tsms:
Yes you are right ,i'm proving it on a real account,but it's Micro account with 172$ ,so some other traders they have more money ,and they can invest more from my strategy ,so to do this i can only open a demo account with big balance to let bigger traders invest ,and i should also get some profit ,why not ,if i did something good ....?

<LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

So what you think .? let me ask you a question please .? How you'll subscribe to my real account signal with my broker's pairs suffix.? you should have the same account as mine from the same broker at least just coz of the pairs suffix :-( But with the demo account you can get benefit from my strategy . i think now you can see my point .

And about Metaquotes and how they do care for them users :-D why they allow scammers to sell them Robots in here ..???? and why they don't allow the money back guarantee policy for the purchased tools which they don't gives results as mentioned on them market .?

Do you need names for some scammers in here :-D ???? i think you also know some of them ,and of course you know more than me ,coz you are older than me in here :-)

Have a nice wonderful weekend ;-)

angevoyageur:

Now would you please ,tell me the differences between the real account and the demo ...???

So everyone in this discussion will learn something new ,and share the knowledge ...

Thank you.

Thank you Tamer,
You said everything I wanted to say ...
I quite agree with you!
Reason: