Signal rankings are a joke - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

We are not allowed to discuss or suggest specific signals on this forum.

what do you mean, i thought it was targeted at "small to big system"...

I just say my thoughts after so many years in the interbank FX market. Many signal providers just come here with demo accounts testers which has nothing to do with reality, thats why the complains in the reviews start...

Eleni Anna Branou:

I have the following remarks on your suggestions:

1. I don't think that the $1000 threashold makes a signal good or bad, I have seen good and profitable signals with less than $1000 starting balance or even using a cent account and on the other hand I've seen scams with $10.000 or more. A good and profitable strategy should work whetever the balance.

2. That's a nice suggestion, since signals with high long-lasting drawdowns do not record those in the equity graph, only on the balance graph.

3. What system everyone use to make profits, shouldn't be a reason for prohibition, I don't like or use these systems either, but I have seen them used with proper money management quite successful (very rarely though). I wouldn't be so dogmatic about them, I think its the subscriber's decision to choose them or not.

1. Of course $1000 threshold wont make a signal good or bad but it can minimize the chances that the signal providers create hundreds of cent accounts with initial deposit of $10 each and simply show you the best performed account afterward.

3. Martingale strategy provides no real trading edge and it is 100% guarantee blowup someday. I never seen a martingale strategy that never blowup, it is just a matter of time.

Grigorios Papaioannou:

what do you mean, i thought it was targeted at "small to big system"...

I just say my thoughts after so many years in the interbank FX market. Many signal providers just come here with demo accounts testers which has nothing to do with reality, thats why the complains in the reviews start...

Discussion about specific brokers and signals is not allowed in this forum. This goes for the broker and system you mentioned in your post.

Meng Yin Teoh:

1. Of course $1000 threshold wont make a signal good or bad but it can minimize the chances that the signal providers create hundreds of cent accounts with initial deposit of $10 each and simply show you the best performed account afterward.

3. Martingale strategy provides no real trading edge and it is 100% guarantee blowup someday. I never seen a martingale strategy that never blowup, it is just a matter of time.

I agree the higher the balance the more reliable the signal concept, BUT have in mind that most copy trading services need many subscribers to generate commissions so they even allow demo accounts as signal providers in order to maximize their gains in expense of the followers. Its very rare and hard to find big balances accounts to provide their signals beacause if it were so good , i mean to produce 500% in a year as many signal sellers claim then they wouldnt need to sell their signals, they would live from their profits. Most if not all sellers here generate more from subscriptions than their actual trading profits...so i nice filter would be the amount of profit they gain from followers in comparison to their own account profit....cheers

Eleni Anna Branou:

Discussion about specific brokers and signals is not allowed in this forum. This goes for the broker and system you mentioned in your post.

I really dont understand which system did i refer...anyway lets focus on the ranking criteria and filters ;)

Grigorios Papaioannou:
This is the common problem of all those systems, they work well for a period but then something happens and they lose everything, I have seen in in <Removed> as well, people trust their their money in systems that are tested in demo accounts or system testers which has nothing to do with the reality. Thats why in my main system i use <Removed> which had 3pips spreads, i bet no system that claims to work here would do well in such an environment, most systems here in high ranks as well just use a no commission ECN account with 0.1-0.2 pips spreads and make some nice compounding profit which are never duplicated in real time trading, thats why you see many complains in the reviews later on...

Eleni Anna Branou:

Please comment on the value of my point...

This is the truth, most ecn systems cannot be realistic as in real trading the spread kills the results...

Grigorios Papaioannou:

Please comment on the value of my point...

This is the truth, most ecn systems cannot be realistic as in real trading the spread kills the results...

This is not true if you follow these systems with an ECN account. ECN accounts are broadly offered by many brokers lately.

Your comment: most ecn systems cannot be realistic as in real trading the spread kills the results, is far from truth, since ECN accounts have commission on top of a smaller spread, instead of a standard spread in STP accounts.

ECN account are offering "real trading", this is not a privilege of STP accounts only.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This is not true if you follow these systems with an ECN account. ECN accounts are broadly offered by many brokers lately.

Your comment: most ecn systems cannot be realistic as in real trading the spread kills the results, is far from truth, since ECN accounts have commission on top of a smaller spread, instead of a standard spread in STP accounts.

ECN account are offering "real trading", this is not a privilege of STP accounts only.

ECN actually charge a commission per trade that is hidden from the system testers, thats why the backtestings show unrealistic profits that never seen in real trading...

Grigorios Papaioannou:

ECN actually charge a commission per trade that is hidden from the system testers, thats why the backtestings show unrealistic profits that never seen in real trading...

Who talked about backtesting? I thought it was "real trading" we were talking about ...
Reason: