Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 76

checkin:
Guess you are right

I am sure that they are doing their best (the moderators there). Just see how some of those guys were complaining at a lack of information there too. And since they really are obviously not the ones making decisions (or writing the rules) there, all they can do is what they are told to do. It all depends on the bosses I guess. Which makes us think again what is the purpose of this whole thing with "new metatrader 4" again ...

In order to try to keep some positive thoughts : here is a version of RSX with "corridor" type of bands added

Files:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep the new metatrader 4 compatible stuff at one separate thread?

Forex Time Display indicator with drop down color, corner and window inputs. Just having a play with the Objects/Labels and Webdings code and thought I may as well post it.

time_display.ex4

Files:
time.gif  85 kb

checkin:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep the new metatrader 4 compatible stuff at one separate thread?

I think it is too early for that. Once when we have a stable version that will be used by brokers (not just by metatrader demo accounts) then it will probably be good to do that

mladen:
I think it is too early for that. Once when we have a stable version that will be used by brokers (not just by metatrader demo accounts) then it will probably be good to do that

Is it possible to set up an existing 509 version that uses the same MetaTrader demo server so that we are testing the conversion using identical data streams to eliminate data inconsistencies. Currently, I am using a demo account from my broker and its data stream is similar, but distinctly different from the 574 data. This is due to different start times, which I can adjust, but there are also different shut down periods which cause different bar counts, e.g. missing bars, that raise havoc in the indicator calculations.

Tzuman:
Is it possible to set up an existing 509 version that uses the same MetaTrader demo server so that we are testing the conversion using identical data streams to eliminate data inconsistencies. Currently, I am using a demo account from my broker and its data stream is similar, but distinctly different from the 574 data. This is due to different start times, which I can adjust, but there are also different shut down periods which cause different bar counts, e.g. missing bars, that raise havoc in the indicator calculations.

Tzuman

If I understand correctly, the minute we try to set up the existing build 509 to use that metatrader demo, it will update it to beta version, so I think that we are going to have to wait for brokers to start to update

If we were hoping that some things that are possible to do in metatrader 5 are going to be possible to do in new metatrader 4, than we should be aware that it is very limited list of what can be done, and that the metatrader 4/5 mix can cause serious problems. Here is one more example that will compile with no problem at all and will not do anything that it was supposed to do when it comes to what would a metatrader 5 version of it do. No compilation errors at all

PS: not going to explain too much what is the issue. Coders will imediatelly see what is it all about and what kind of problems can arise from that

Files:
_mix_test.mq4  2 kb

I do not see what the problem is

1/ MetaQuotes have been completely transparent and open about all aspects of this new upgrade

2/ They have run an extensive public Beta test and politely listened and responded to all reports of bugs and faults

3/ They have supplied a dedicated compiler for the new MT4 and a detailed list of all the new MT4 features

4/ Each new build has fixed all previously reported bugs and faults

5/ A complete and comprehesive Help file for the new MT4 has been provided with constant updates

So what is the problem?

cja:
I do not see what the problem is

1/ MetaQuotes have been completely transparent and open about all aspects of this new upgrade

2/ They have run an extensive public Beta test and politely listened and responded to all reports of bugs and faults

3/ They have supplied a dedicated compiler for the new MT4 and a detailed list of all the new MT4 features

4/ Each new build has fixed all previously reported bugs and faults

5/ A complete and comprehesive Help file for the new MT4 has been provided with constant updates

So what is the problem?

6/ They are responding to each and every "complaint" with dedication and kindness

:):)

Reason: