Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 69

Even if they do not discontinue build 509 immediately, it will be chaotic for some time : imagine trying to run both metatrader 4 on the same account. And if they let both metatrader 4 run concurrently, they are "asking for devil"

mladen:
Tzuman

Make a shortcut and add "/portable" (without quotes) at the end of the command line to execute. That way it will store indicators in the mql4/indicators sub-folder of your beta folder (and it will use mql4 as basic sub-folder for experts, include files, script, indicators, ...)

As of labels : some labels work in a really strange way. When I start the terminal they are shown in one way and when I change time frames they are different. Or when I compile (anything - does not matter what at all) then sometimes labels are displayed OK (without having any relation to the source code compiled)

Hi MLaden,

Thanks for the tip about the command line option. I tried editing the shortcut file but that did not work as it is a binary file so I created a batch file that worked. In order to pin it to the task bar, I created a shortcut for terminal.exe and pinned that as batch files cannot be pinned and then changed the shortcut target from terminal.exe to terminal.bat, a little indirect but it gets the job done.

Still no messages in the English part of the forum there. Guess the post from mq owners will be "now you can post about it" and they hope to hear all praises then. Once and for all they demonstrated us what is their opinion on users

Hi

i do have a question regarding a custom system optimized for median renko charts that i'm using since 1.5 years and MT4 build 509.

What do you think is the best option for me in the future (regarding broker software)?

Thank you

pokrat:
Hi

i do have a question regarding a custom system optimized for median renko charts that i'm using since 1.5 years and MT4 build 509.

What do you think is the best option for me in the future (regarding broker software)?

Thank you

pokrat

All the renko generating code will have to be rewritten (no exceptions) if the broker will use the new metatrader 4.

Found a few issues and some interesting non bug bugs.

When an indicator is recompiled, the Navigator window does not refresh, GOOD.

When an indicator is recompiled, the indicator is not stopped and restarted, this must be done manually, Tedious compared to the old way when it gets reloaded on a compile.

Also, the Navigator pane lacks the tabs for Dictionary and Search that I found useful.

iCustom the Experts window displays "invalid integer number as parameter 2 for iCustom function". Oddly, the iCustom call completes correctly and produces the correct result. The error is caused by the NULL in the time period.

MACDdLastBar=iCustom(Symbol(),NULL,FileMACD,false,false,1,i+1);

Changing NULL to PERIOD() or one of the time enumerators eliminates the problem.

Now I am confused : according to renat, what was done so far was a public beta testing. Then why in the hell was not English part of mq site allowed to post about bugs (his own words : "until it becomes public beta posts about beta bugs should be kept within the Russian part only").

checkin:
Now I am confused : according to renat, what was done so far was a public beta testing. Then why in the hell was not English part of mq site allowed to post about bugs (his own words : "until it becomes public beta posts about beta bugs should be kept within the Russian part only").

That was the intention from the beginning : to limit the information about the bugs in the new metatrader 4

Another issue I have just found, indicator not updating then when going to the Indicators list on the chart the indicator list shows an indicator loaded on the chart but no name. Possibly happens when the new day starts at 00.00?

Also having issues with Comments and Alert messages where the line break \n is used, sometimes the line does not break at that point or the comment does not display at all and sometimes it displays with no issues?

Files:

cja:
Another issue I have just found, indicator not updating then when going to the Indicators list on the chart the indicator list shows an indicator loaded on the chart but no name. Possibly happens when the new day starts at 00.00?

Also having issues with Comments and Alert messages where the line break \n is used, sometimes the line does not break at that point or the comment does not display at all and sometimes it displays with no issues?

They had that issue with the "no name" in some of the previous builds, then it was fixed, now it resurfaced again ...

It seems that in general they are having major issues with string(s). Probably it is happening because they changed strings to unicode - which could explain why all those problems whenever a string should be processed in any way (like in comments and alerts)

Reason: