Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 75

The big news is that they removed the beta test reports thread from sticky thread in the Russian part. It seems that they consider the beta testing finished :):)

I just got "upgraded" to 573. My initial impression is it is much faster loading the indicators than 568 or 509. However, they took a step back as the include command for use in EAs now has to include the path, similar to SciTE, since the Experts directory is now coordinate to the include directory. Too many duplicate directories with the same names which makes it too easy to copy source to the wrong location during the upgrade process.

#include "..\include\!! Goldbug.mqh"

//#include

On the plus side, it now seems like it does not recompile all of the indicators whenever it starts and also compiles the changed ones on the first execution, not the second execution as the old compiler did.

Labels still are a problem. The biggest issue i have is the XY coordinates have changed slightly for some placements, leading to gaps or over printing.

checkin:
The big news is that they removed the beta test reports thread from sticky thread in the Russian part. It seems that they consider the beta testing finished :):)

It was expected. They are going to tell us now that no further testing is needed

New hst file format is published (in the latest build 574)

Here is the file (this one is a script) that can be used as a template for all offline chart generating code

Problems with labels still present, but at least now we have a hst file format which means that all renko, tick and all the rest of offline charts will be possible to use (with some recoding but it will be possible now)

Files:

I just noticed if you have the inputs set up with a note the note now appears in the input window as the input description? I checked both 569 and 574 and both builds do this.

Files:

Yes. You also can do the same with enums (to get those nice drop down list boxes for choices - what we did not have in older metatrader 4). Something like this :

enum prices

{

pr_close, // Close

pr_open, // Open

pr_high, // High

pr_low, // Low

pr_median, // Median

pr_typical, // Typical

pr_weighted // Weighted

};

rsx

Here is a version that has multi time frames as descriptive parameters too (as on the picture). I am not using the default metatrader enumeration but am using this one (it will allow adding any custom time frame too) :

enum timeFrames

{

tf_current = 0, // current time frame

tf_m1 = 1, // 1 minute

tf_m5 = 5, // 5 minutes

tf_m15 = 15, // 15 minutes

tf_m30 = 30, // 30 minutes

tf_h1 = 60, // 1 hour

tf_h4 = 240, // 4 hours

tf_d1 = 1440, // daily

tf_w1 = 10080, // weekly

tf_mn = 43200 // monthly

};

At least we are not going to have to invent parameter names that will tell to the users what do they mean : this way it is quite clear what is what

PS: this one is not going to work with build 509 or lower

Files:
rsx.gif  46 kb
rsx.ex4  25 kb

Seems that moderators at metaquotes were ordered to post about new metatrader - from a total silence to posting a flood of posts that only they understand why are posted since they do not explain the important issues. Soooooooooo good to see such an obedience :):)

checkin:
Seems that moderators at metaquotes were ordered to post about new metatrader - from a total silence to posting a flood of posts that only they understand why are posted since they do not explain the important issues. Soooooooooo good to see such an obedience :):)

They are just doing their job. They are not a decision makers there

Guess you are right

Reason: