Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 50

Jack1:
Thank you, Mladen, Can a new bar to trigger start() to run EA on M3 offline range bar chart ? Due to range bar, new bar trigger EA to do a run, it is good. In new version of MT4(600 updated), Is there other way to trigger start() like Mt5, tick trigger, new bar trigger, other event trigger ?

Jack

These two lines :

int MT4msgIdentifier = RegisterWindowMessageW("MetaTrader4_Internal_Message");

PostMessageW((int)windowHandle,MT4msgIdentifier,2,1);

are going to send an artificial tick to the target window (start() procedure will be executed in that case). They are in user32.dll and you have to import them in order to be able to use them. You can check how it is done at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178300 (there you have a working indicator)

If your range bar software does not run an EA on a range bar, then there is an error in the range bar software

Thank you all.

Is still the bug with new metatrader 4 actual (that all the bars get refreshed all the time - on each tick)?

nbtrading:
Is still the bug with new metatrader 4 actual (that all the bars get refreshed all the time - on each tick)?

Sure, there is still no message available which would refresh only the last candle or two. So every one is forced to use a message that refreshes entire chart.

Nevertheless it is not a big burden alone, until you attach indicators to the chart. Then you have two choices - rewrite the indicator or trim the chart length to minimum possible value.

Ovo:
Sure, there is still no message available which would refresh only the last candle or two. So every one is forced to use a message that refreshes entire chart. Nevertheless it is not a big burden alone, until you attach indicators to the chart. Then you have two choices - rewrite the indicator or trim the chart length to minimum possible value.

Man, so many builds and they are still not solving what hurts the most

Thanks for the info

when I put range bar EA on M1 chart with 600000 bars into M6 offline chart with 20 pips range.

Then, load offline chart for 20 pips range bar chart.

The range bar chart just show eur-usd from 1.2900 level, not many candles on chart. How can more candles (2000 candles) be shown on range bar chart ?

Problem is few candles make sma200 disappear, some indicator can't work.

I fix the problem, now, I use H4 to generate 50 pips rangebar offline chart.

But, another problem is mt4 got slow down significantly. I put 10 pairs offline charts, mt4 seem dead. now, I only use eur-u, gbp-u, u-jpy, three pairs.

Somebody said new built 600+ mt4 add lot of stuffs, then, all mt4 run slowly. Isn't it the case?

I'm just wondering if someone has an early build , say something like original 574 not from any broker but from metatrader 4 itself. That seems to be the only way to go back. But can't find on the net.

Do you guys have any other way to speedy up mt4 running speed ? mt4 seem only use 25% computer CPU ?

Jack1:
I fix the problem, now, I use H4 to generate 50 pips rangebar offline chart.

But, another problem is mt4 got slow down significantly. I put 10 pairs offline charts, mt4 seem dead. now, I only use eur-u, gbp-u, u-jpy, three pairs.

Somebody said new built 600+ mt4 add lot of stuffs, then, all mt4 run slowly. Isn't it the case?

I'm just wondering if someone has an early build , say something like original 574 not from any broker but from metatrader 4 itself. That seems to be the only way to go back. But can't find on the net.

Do you guys have any other way to speedy up mt4 running speed ? mt4 seem only use 25% computer CPU ?

Jack1

There is an issue with metatrader 4 and offline charts. The thing is that if you add indicators to offline charts and that offline chart works as it should, then all the bars of the offline chart are calculated all the time (at every tick) if they are not coded in a way to avoid that new metatrader 4 builds error

That is an error in new build that keeps existing in every build

Thank you very much.

My indicators are new bar trigger. I will check my indicators again.

But, metaquote's standard indicators are tick trigger, like, moving average line, BB, macd. These may cost calculation time.

Reason: