Can't see ex4 files on MT4

hi to everyone, i have a problem with my mt4 , after i add indicator or EA with ex4 to my mt4 folders i cant see them in indicator list and i just can see it in expert list and when i klick on it ,says that is not an expert so uyou cant run it. even in meta editor i just  see mq4 files and none of my ex4 file be shown.

can enyone help me to solve this broblem?

thank everyone.

Put the indicators in the indicator folder

Keith Watford:
Put the indicators in the indicator folder
when i put indicator in indicator folder i cant see any thing on mt4s indicator list , even after closing and re opening the mt4

mr_elyar: when i put indicator in indicator folder i cant see any thing on mt4s indicator list , even after closing and re opening the mt4
  1. Verify you are putting it in the correct "indicator folder." Open the <dataFolder>\MQL4\Indicators and verify.
              Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 2014.02.03

2. There is no need to restart the terminal — just right click → Refresh.

William Roeder:
  1. Verify you are putting it in the correct "indicator folder." Open the <dataFolder>\MQL4\Indicators and verify.
              Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 2014.02.03

2. There is no need to restart the terminal — just right click → Refresh.

i did all that but i cant see it . can you chek this indicator if it works or not?

<ex4 file deleted>

now i download 2 indicators from mt4 market. i cant see them in the list either. i cant see eny ex4 files at all i just see files that have mq4.

What build MT4 do you have? (Click Help and then About)

Keith Watford:
What build MT4 do you have? (Click Help and then About)
version 4 build 1170

I don't think that you are putting them in the indicator folder.

mr_elyar:

hi to everyone, i have a problem with my mt4 , after i add indicator or EA with ex4 to my mt4 folders i cant see them in indicator list and i just can see it in expert list and when i klick on it ,says that is not an expert so uyou cant run it. even in meta editor i just  see mq4 files and none of my ex4 file be shown.

can enyone help me to solve this broblem?

thank everyone.

you have two set of files, i believe you put the ex4 files in the mt4 where you download it, right ? this won't work you have to go to if you are ruining windows platform ( the file with your name on it or whatever you named your computer) then you have to show the hidden files... a folder called (Appdata) will appear.. click it then you will have a folder with two others i guess called (Roaming)... there you will see all the apps you have on your computer choose metaQoutes ...as below:

C:\Users\Salah\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\DA3C92B1779898CC0CACD726A655BECB\MQL4\Indicators

here you can paste the ex4 files... be sure to close the mt4 before doing that to apply the changes.

hope this will help because i learned that the hard way before... cheers.

Salah Alhaddadein: be sure to close the mt4 before doing that to apply the changes.
No need, just Navigator → Right Click → Refresh after the paste.
Reason: