Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 200

mladen:
That guy is famous for useless answers like that. He and the moderator there are perfectly compatible

they certainly are useless, and what kind of answer is don't put the cursor on the chart

we don't ask for much, just for a platform that works most of the time, and not for endless updates,

one would of thought in the time they've had with the changes that the work would be done by now

are they just slow, incompetent, or really just slowly morphing 4 into 5 as is suggested by the poster on the MQL site

its a good job they are n't listed on the markets, or in our case would be better

ive found their address if anyone wants to pay them a visit

or perhaps send them some spam, maybe every time they release a new update

4 Gorkogo Street

Kazan, 420015

Russia

Phone:7 843 570 0037

Fax:7 843 200 1010

Metaquotes Software Corp.: Private Company Information - Businessweek

WR1:
they certainly are useless, and what kind of answer is don't put the cursor on the chart

we don't ask for much, just for a platform that works most of the time, and not for endless updates,

one would of thought in the time they've had with the changes that the work would be done by now

are they just slow, incompetent, or really just slowly morphing 4 into 5 as is suggested by the poster on the MQL site

its a good job they are n't listed on the markets, or in our case would be better

ive found their address if anyone wants to pay them a visit

or perhaps send them some spam, maybe every time they release a new update

4 Gorkogo Street

Kazan, 420015

Russia

Phone:7 843 570 0037

Fax:7 843 200 1010

Metaquotes Software Corp.: Private Company Information - Businessweek

WR1

On one post I posted about one built function in metatrader that was working wrong, I got the following "answer" from the moderator there : "Why do you want to use a function that does not work?". After that I decided not to help them in debugging any more. If they think that what does not work should not be used, they are in for a big surprise (that is already happening, but it seems that only metatrader is not aware of that)

mladen:
WR1 On one post I posted about one built function in metatrader that was working wrong, I got the following "answer" from the moderator there : "Why do you want to use a function that does not work?". After that I decided not to help them in debugging any more. If they think that what does not work should not be used, they are in for a big surprise (that is already happening, but it seems that only metatrader is not aware of that)

does n't seem like they really want to help us much

at least we all now know where to send gifts....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/ul.+Maksima+Gorkogo,+4,+Kazan,+Respublika+Tatarstan,+Russia,+420015/@55.7941793,49.1264456,20m/data=

you have to checkout the street view

WR1:
does n't seem like they really want to help us much

at least we all now know where to send gifts....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/ul.+Maksima+Gorkogo,+4,+Kazan,+Respublika+Tatarstan,+Russia,+420015/@55.7941793,49.1264456,20m/data=

you have to checkout the street view

I did not know that Russia was in war currently.

So what is it that they're trying to accomplish? By "they" I mean, Metaquotes. Are they trying to take MT4 away and replace with MT5 eventually soon?

madopter:
So what is it that they're trying to accomplish? By "they" I mean, Metaquotes. Are they trying to take MT4 away and replace with MT5 eventually soon?

My Broker informed me that MetaQuotes told them that they intended to blend MT4/MT5 over the next 2 years then drop MT4. How accurate that statement is who knows?

cja:
My Broker informed me that MetaQuotes told them that they intended to blend MT4/MT5 over the next 2 years then drop MT4. How accurate that statement is who knows?

Probably it's accurate. Having both MT5 and MT4 which are from the same company and having mostly similar coding.... certainly makes sense to combine into one. Just means MT4 might be screwed up again in future

wintersky111:
Probably it's accurate. Having both MT5 and MT4 which are from the same company and having mostly similar coding.... certainly makes sense to combine into one. Just means MT4 might be screwed up again in future

It was my first thought the goal was blending the MT4 and MT5 a year ago, as it would have easier maintenance. But since then the MT4 did not seem to get closer to MT5 any more, so I am not quite sure if they follow this goal any longer.

It rather seems they changed priorities and focused on implementation the shopping cart into a trading platform, for amateur code and signals, magazines, VPS, jobs, and whatever they find.

cja:

2 years for do a simple code copy-paste...Now I understand why they are very slow fixing bugs Only diference beetween platforms is FIFO orders. Rest of things they can blend easy because now they use same compiler ( but they missing half API on the process ).

We are going to wait for next 5-10 years that they do the "blending"

And the blending will be that nobody will use metarader any more since in the mean time it will be an online shop for used shoes, pants and stolen code (see the "market" and what is sold there : 90% is available for free on forums like tsd)

Reason: