Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 198

hughesfleming:
Multicharts is worth a look as it is broker independent but I would highly recommend the EasyLanguage compatible version over the .net version unless you are very comfortable in C#. There are really only two issues that I have found difficult and that is multi timeframe and limited drawing capability. You can do multi-timeframe and it is easy within its limits but don't expect it to work like MT4. I would say that it took me five months to make the switch but I still have to have Metatrader running for certain things that can't be done at all. I certainly did not expect it to take me five months.

I am reading that it is in a final beta phase (the Oanda Multicharts plugin). Is that working OK?

I have not tested it yet but there is a thread about the connector on the Multicharts forum and it is available to download. I will look at it when it gets out of beta which probably won't be long. I am curious as the one I am using now is a little short on historic data.

That will be a refreshing change

hughesfleming:
I have not tested it yet but there is a thread about the connector on the Multicharts forum and it is available to download. I will look at it when it gets out of beta which probably won't be long. I am curious as the one I am using now is a little short on historic data.

The good thing about multicharts is that it has a lifetime license around 1.5k (no technical support). Website says 99% compatability with Tradestation's EasyLanguage.

But good thing about MT4 is

1. It's free

2. Most of the indicators around are in MT4.... Due to TSD's overwhelming support

3. Brokers might jump to MQL4 compatible trading platforms if MT4 screws up way too long

To avoid automatic update of the metatrader add /skipupdate switch to your shortcut

checkin:
To avoid automatic update of the metatrader add /skipupdate switch to your shortcut

That is the only good news in ages (if it works)

nbtrading:
That is the only good news in ages (if it works)

They claim that it should work

Did not have a chance to see it in action (that it prevents some update). But it should solve some issues if it works

At least one good news : metatrader ArraySort() can now sort 2 dimensional arrays (something like this :

#property indicator_chart_window

int init() { return(0); }

int start()

{

double array[][2]; ArrayResize(array,10);

for (int i=0; i<10; i++) { array[0] = MathRand(); array[1] = i; }

ArraySort(array,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_ASCEND);

Comment(array[0][0]," ",array[0][1]);

return(0);

}

You can not specify the sorting key (it always uses first element as a sort key) but at least it can do something that it never could do before

mladen:
At least one good news : metatrader ArraySort() can now sort 2 dimensional arrays (something like this : You can not specify the sorting key (it always uses first element as a sort key) but at least it can do something that it never could do before

MLaden,

I am quite confused by this post. It seems like nothing has changed to me. I have been using this ArraySort construct since 9/2012 to sort multidimension arrays including some with Ranks of more than two without problems. If we cannot specify the SortKey other than 0, then it is just another documentation error or implementation bug.

for(int currency=0;currency<Majors.Number;currency++)

{

Sorted[currency,0]=Tally[currency,session];

Sorted[currency,1]=currency;

}

ArraySort(Sorted,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

Tzuman:
MLaden,

I am quite confused by this post. It seems like nothing has changed to me. I have been using this ArraySort construct since 9/2012 to sort multidimension arrays including some with Ranks of more than two without problems. If we cannot specify the SortKey other than 0, then it is just another documentation error or implementation bug.

for(int currency=0;currency<Majors.Number;currency++)

{

Sorted[currency,0]=Tally[currency,session];

Sorted[currency,1]=currency;

}

ArraySort(Sorted,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

No idea since when the ArraySort() can sort these types of array (I always use my own sorting routines for multidimensional arrays), noticed it now that ArraySort() can do the 2 dimensional array. If it is not a novelty, my bad for posting about it

Sort key can not be specified in it (one of the reasons why I am not going to stop using my own sorting routines) - sorting is always done using the first element - so no choice of sorting key nor it can do the combination of multiple fields sort

Reason: