Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 156

No comment :):)

Files:
meta.gif  11 kb

checkin:
No comment :):)

That guy must have mixed up the srv files

Downloaded from there and by default it has only one broker srv file : FXCM euro demo (no money required to trade or open demo accounts on that server)

mladen:
That guy must have mixed up the srv files Downloaded from there and by default it has only one broker srv file : FXCM euro demo (no money required to trade or open demo accounts on that server)

How the hell did he get to open a live account then at at a version that does not have a live account yet? Thanks for checking it - already started to think that metatrader is going to become just another broker

No free lunch...

if they do end up also charging how many would actually pay? maybe 10-25% of all users

most would likely go back to the old free charts, but at least they are n't updated every few days

in a yr or so we might look back to the good old days of build 600?

Files:
freelunch.jpg  30 kb

Build 509 is trying to update itself (on its own, without the things that builds 600+ were adding to webinstall folder) to build 646 and it does it on ever new restart of terminal (build 509 terminal).

Save the state of your build 509 and always delete what you find in webinstall folder before you start the build 509 terminal or else you are going to lose build 509 for good this time

Looks like it is the end of build 509 when it is updating itself to build 646

mladen:
Build 509 is trying to update itself (on its own, without the things that builds 600+ were adding to webinstall folder) to build 646 and it does it on ever new restart of terminal (build 509 terminal).

Save the state of your build 509 and always delete what you find in webinstall folder before you start the build 509 terminal or else you are going to lose build 509 for good this time

Looks like it is the end of build 509 when it is updating itself to build 646

So this is it.

Without having a bug free metatrader they are killing metatrader 509 (not that build 509 was bug free but at least they wer 10 times less than in these new builds). Good luck guys

checkin:
So this is it. Without having a bug free metatrader they are killing metatrader 509 (not that build 509 was bug free but at least they wer 10 times less than in these new builds). Good luck guys

Yes, it is official :

From August 1, 2014, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminals older than build 600 will no longer be supported.

mladen:
Yes, it is official :

Yes, I saw the announcement now too

Oh well ...

Statement of the century :

The new opportunities offered by the updated MetaTrader 4 make it unreasonable to stay with older versions of the terminal.

We are going to be brainwashed now that this is better than the previous. Thank you metaquotes for pointing us out what is obvious : new metatrader 4 is anything but a reasonable choice

techmac:
Statement of the century : We are going to be brainwashed now that this is better than the previous. Thank you metaquotes for pointing us out what is obvious : new metatrader 4 is anything but a reasonable choice

Though I welcome the enhanced syntax and the new commands in MQL4, the new opportunity means that we all became volunteer testers. The limited backward compatibility was expensive for me, because I did not like hot fixes, so I needed to re-code.

I assume that casual coders cannot succeed currently, because they simply cannot afford invest so much time into the "new opportunities".

Reason: