Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 130

They do not have a separate compiler any more, which means all the crap that metatrader is doing is going to be done by metatrader 4 too (hence the 0 line in all the indicators that are in subwindows, and all the rest that we hated so much in metatrader 5 and now is in this "improved" metatrader 4)

Some good news on 625. The strategy tester slowness appears to be fixed. There is no loading and unloading of icustom calls in the Ledger and visually the speed seems to be improved. I am running a long test to confirm.

Frequently getting error 138 (requote error) - on a visual BACK test

An update to the prior 625 post.

625 Strategy Testing appears to be about 25% slower than 509's. This is a tremendous improvement over 610 where 610 was over 700% slower than 509. Now Strategy Testing is realistic again with 625.

Now, if MQ would only address the existing glaring problems before it is too late........

I suspect there are a lot of broker IT groups diligently working on the evaluations of MetaTrader competitors. Hopefully we will soon have some good alternatives to evaluate.

Tzuman

Ouch

I did not test anything with 625, as I was busy. But this new feature with requote (there are no bugs in 625) is indeed a good starting point for new and very realistic approach in backtesting

A word to the wise.

I just took a look at the 625 MQL4 Indicators directory and all of the standard indicators, both EX4 and MT4, have been "touched" with the date of 3/23/2014 @ 05:14. It could be the result of the installation upgrade, something harmless or it may be that all need to be recompiled due to differences in the Compiler. I am a pessimist regarding MQ and will be manually recompiling all of mine.

Backtesting seems to be inconsistent : sometimes I get requote errors in back test, sometimes I don't. Results for the same back test differ from time to time (I guess that wen I get a "requote" in a back test it cause different result of an overall back test).

Tzuman:
A word to the wise. I just took a look at the 625 MQL4 Indicators directory and all of the standard indicators, both EX4 and MT4, have been "touched" with the date of 3/23/2014 @ 05:14. It could be the result of the installation upgrade, something harmless or it may be that all need to be recompiled due to differences in the Compiler. I am a pessimist regarding MQ and will be manually recompiling all of mine.

Hello,

I forced MT4 to update, connecting to Metaquotes server. After the update (625) I need to change iForce declaration (oscilators.mqh) and iOBS declaration (Volumes.mqh), as m_applied was declared as ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME insted of ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE. Did anyone get the same errors (oscilators.mqh and volumes.mqh were unable to recompile...)

Regards,

och:
Hello,

I forced MT4 to update, connecting to Metaquotes server. After the update (625) I need to change iForce declaration (oscilators.mqh) and iOBS declaration (Volumes.mqh), as m_applied was declared as ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME insted of ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE. Did anyone get the same errors (oscilators.mqh and volumes.mqh were unable to recompile...)

Regards,

From my experience with metatrader 5 (and this new metatrader 4 is becoming the same thing) avoid any mqh files that metaquotes have written. They change those all the times without any announcement, you can not rewrite them because on next update they are going to be overwritten and quite frankly, metaquotes code is so buggy (and I mean the code not the trading platform now) that it should be avoided

Better write all your own - you will save a lot of time and nerves

Backtesting with SimpleFX Tester Pro is fine in build 625. I'm surprised. I was afraid that does not work

Reason: