Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 84

WR1:
must just be on Alpari's demo version,

others are still working on 509

it actually seems some or maybe most of the indis do work on 574, although have n't checked all properly yet

but if we try to compile them in the new editor it brings up all the errors and then stops added from the navigator onto the charts

quite a few have 16 errors in the editor but are running live (for now) if they are not complied

any ideas why the New P4L won't appear in the navigator on the new MT4

Sorry, I do not know why P4L does not appear in your new mt4. It is the one built with build 574. Simulated the lack of source and deleted it and after that copied only the ex4 file into MQL4\indicators folder and all is OK. Did you copy it to the same folder? It must be in the MQL4\Indicators folder and then it appears like this (attached the indicator again - the one that was tested like described) :

Files:
p4l.gif  84 kb

just added to the indicators folder as in the good ol days

not sure if that's the same way now?

its in there, but not in the navigator list, i'll readd it again

had to give up for a few hrs, and consider the options

will have to see whats working later on

Thanks

WR1:
just added to the indicators folder as in the good ol days

not sure if that's the same way now?

its in there, but not in the navigator list, i'll readd it again

had to give up for a few hrs, and consider the options

will have to see whats working later on

Thanks

WR1

You have 2 folders now : experts\indicators and MQL4\Indicators. The new one must be in MQL4\Indicators

No luck, but i have changed the name to NEW P4L

also if folks are going to compile and test how bad there favorite indis are with the new MT4

make sure you have a saved copy or two, as once its been compiled in the new editor, it wont work on the new MT4

and you will need to re-add the saved indi into the indi folder

WR1:
No luck, but i have changed the name to NEW P4L

also if folks are going to compile and test how bad there favorite indis are with the new MT4

make sure you have a saved copy or two, as once its been compiled in the new editor, it wont work on the new MT4

and you will need to re-add the saved indi into the indi folder

WR1

Did you try restarting the terminal?

Do you have more than 512 ex4 files in the indicators folder? If yes you will have to do the usual game : dispose of some

Confusion seems to be complete :

This has been done as clumsy as it is possible by metaquotes people (and I mean metaquotes, not brokers)

Files:
confusion.gif  10 kb

This is just a start

Still no updates for me (FXCM)

I still did not get updated on my regular account neither on demo accounts on some other brokers that I opened for testing purposes. Seems that there is no general rule of thumb what exactly is happening right now : some people were forced to upgrade and some did not

Hi Mladen

Alpari may of stopped the update - for reasons unknown

i have a saved copy of the same installation and turned it on to see if it would also update last night and it has stayed on 509,

so maybe a mistake occurred somewhere yesterday and those that had MT4 on at the time got the update

those with it off, get a few wks more peace and quiet

its says on the Metaquotes sites at the top, the 1st of February, so assume the full roll out will be then

but have to say its the least impressive update of anything i've ever seen and am still wondering where are all the new features for the normal end user?

as so far it certainly does n't justify the time being spent to try to sort it all out

talking of which, unfortunately the New P4L i could n't get to work other than multiples of 1min

but could n't get 2hr or 3hr etc, only 119mins and 179mins etc

any ideas what the problem might be or something i may of done wrong

(thanks for the info on the ex files, it appeared once removing all the others)

one thing users will see fairly quickly in the New MT4 is information and a link to a video about there new signal service

any advice appreciated

Thanks alot

Reason: