Adaptive lookback indicators - page 95

mladen:

Since nma (natural market average) is adaptive (which is not known so much), this indicator is implicitly adaptive too. Posting this updated version

Dearest MLADEN

every time you come with more wondering tools,thanks a lot ..................... if there is any place for adding filter kind thingy. ................... the lowest SW is your pretty ver of dss nma.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

every time you come with more wondering tools,thanks a lot ..................... if there is any place for adding filter kind thingy. ................... the lowest SW is your pretty ver of dss nma.

regards

mntiwana

Just fooling around :)

Filtering is a kind of detrending - and even though we are looking for trends with all those posted stuff, seems that that kind of detrending can help in clear view to a trend

mladen:

mntiwana

Filtering is a kind of detrending - and even though we are looking for trends with all those posted stuff, seems that that kind of detrending can help in clear view to a trend

Can all be detrended like that then?

Yes, mladen, that's I mean :)  The combos are likely very powerful with this indicator - with the STC they are.

Seems, we can post again.

mladen:

mntiwana

trending - detrending  - I always thought you want to set trends.

krelian99:
trending - detrending  - I always thought you want to set trends.
Nagh, not setting. If I could set trends I would not be trading - I would be writing the rules of behavior to the Forbes' 100 :)

sebastianK:
Can all be detrended like that then?

Depends

Not all would have results similar to what have been posted already. There is no general rule of thumb for that

mladen:

Depends

Not all would have results similar to what have been posted already. There is no general rule of thumb for that

Detrending is usual like that - works for some, and for some not

whisperer:

Detrending is usual like that - works for some, and for some not

It really depends on the nature of the indicator

Some are not meant to be used for trends at all

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

regards

@mntiwana could you please share your DSS of nma settings?