Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 81

Updated Signal Bars and Dolly indicators recoded to run on the new MT4, the password is required for the indicators to work. I have posted them here as they cannot be considered final editions as the new MT4 is still only Beta.

signal_bars_11a.ex4 Password

free_at_tsd

dolly_graphics_v14.ex4 Password

FREE_at_tsd

The graphics refresh issue with the panel overlays on start up appears to be resolved with the addition of this line of code inserted at the start of the code just below OnCalculate or start() it provides an initial delete of the indicator objects while the indicator is loading and so far I have had a 100% correct load each time I tested it. Hopefully MetaQuotes resolves this issue and this fix will no longer be needed

if(AccountNumber()==0){ObjectsDeleteAll();}

Revised Time Display.

time_display_1.ex4

No updates. No reactions (I see that someone re-posted what I posted about offline charts and IndicatorCounted() issue there)

If they do not correct that bug (and it is a bug since it was working correctly in older builds of metatrader) then the only answer would be that we are being "discouraged" to use offline charts (not going to use some other words for that). Well, we shall see what is going to happen regarding that

They could not care less if we find errors in their trading platform. It is obvious that they think that they do not need users support any more

Antonsan:
ServiceDesk has taken almost a month to respond to my query error in Beta.

Looking at the numbers of requests a month apart, it can be estimated that approximately 17,000 consultations have had Last online this month.

Conclusion, there are too many errors in the Beta and ServiceDesk this overworked.
Helas:
I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I am totally agree with you. And I really hope that you will continue to post here with us.

Is it true...???

Helas:
Is it true...???

There is still a lot to do if they want to have a stable and bug free trading platform. The coding part is especially troubled and when we remember that most of the stuff for metatrader comes in the form of source code, it means quite a lot of problems. Not a bright outlook

I am just checking the demo accounts numbers, and the number of demo accounts on their demo server is by far not that is as we are lead to believe.

Seems that I am on track of what exactly is causing offline charts not to update the IndicatorCounted()

It is already solved in metatrader 4 build 509 but still not solved in beta version (build 574) - ie : it works as it should in current build but that exactly same code does not set IndicatorCounted() values as they should be in the beta version

Strangest thing just happened to me : I was working in beta, and all of a sudden all historical data simply disappeared open offline list. Not just that. If I chose now some of the missing from that list, it updates data even though the history file exists in the history folder. My guess : one more data format change

mladen:
Seems that I am on track of what exactly is causing offline charts not to update the IndicatorCounted() It is already solved in metatrader 4 build 509 but still not solved in beta version (build 574) - ie : it works as it should in current build but that exactly same code does not set IndicatorCounted() values as they should be in the beta version

Solved for metarader build 574 too

You can attach multiple offline charts for same symbol+time frame and all are going to be updated correctly (including the IndicatorCounted() values - all the internals are set as they should be set). Attaching the perid converted that works with this new metatrader correctly (no excesive CPU usage, nor anything of a sort)

Files:

mladen:
Solved for metarader build 574 too You can attach multiple offline charts for same symbol+time frame and all are going to be updated correctly (including the IndicatorCounted() values - all the internals are set as they should be set). Attaching the perid converted that works with this new metatrader correctly (no excesive CPU usage, nor anything of a sort)

PS: forgot to tell : with the upper version of the indicator EAs can be run on the offline charts too (on each opened offline chart)

Reason: