Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 60

Tzuman:
How can Metaquotes possibly talk about a January release with errors like this? It sounds like nearly all MTF indicators and multi symbol dashboards are non functional, in addition to the use of CTL M to drag and drop different symbols onto a chart or change the time frames. This is beginning to sound like the Obamacare website, completely useless.

Tzuman

That is a specific case when this error happens, but, never the less, it renders all those functions, built in indicators and custom indicators useless. I did not test the new OnTimer() function cases (which would be similar to the case from that example EA) but as I said before, till the basic errors are not cleaned up, there seems to be no point in testing in more depth

Also, if a case like this can happen, it makes me wonder where else can something like that happen? And, quite frankly, what I am wondering on is what are they actually testing?

On further testing of the EA and indicators I converted several issues have appeared, when changing symbols on the Signal Bars the data can be wrong for that symbol or may update incorrectly or sometimes update at a later date, there are also issues with loading multipal indicators on the same chart, unless I shift the first one loaded the platform does not recognise that one indicator is already loaded on the chart and the input window does not appear. If I try to load an indicator and decide to cancel it in the input window the platform crashes, the EA has a dll and if I try to compile the EA while it is loaded on the chart the platform crashes.

I wonder if possibly there are fewer or different issues with old converted MT4 indicators and EAs compared with coding something exclusively using the new MT4 code? I only suggest this as I have had no label issues and the MTF bars on the Signal Bars does load correctly even if the other data can take a while to update. Either way it obviously does have its fair share of issues.

Perhaps MetaQuotes are trying to make this new MT4 look really bad so that it makes MT5 appear to be the best option?

The issue is more complex than it seems.

I have proof that the changes are related to creating obstacles to end-users of the platform.

I made a new installation of a metatrader broker, and I have found that the brokers have the tools

to limit our execution platform properly.

Specifically, I have a custom indicator that uses a dll library, and the indicator did not work in the new install.

It has only worked when I deleted using the dll library.

I have done all possible substitutions, replacing files from previous installations.

And is not the editor, not the terminal, is not the type of account, not the server connection.

In the folder Config one of the files installed by the broker what type of controls execution is going to have the mt4 platform.

It is worrying if the orientation is toward metatrader platform where brokers have full control of the execution platform.

Antonsan

Is your dll using string parameters?

If yes, it will not work any more (it is prevented from new metatrader). Also, if it is using rates, the format of rates have changed and it can cause the dll not to work. I am afraid rthat in a lot of cases things are going to have to be rewritten and that we are in almost the same situation as with metatader 5

Seems that they are preparing to say that all is OK And they still did not have a beta testing on the English part of their forum.

Build 562

The problem with internal functions, build in indicators and custom indicators described at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page40 still exists

Slowly the Russian part of forum is stopping posting about beta too. It seems that they are slowly preparing the scenery for launching this beta as finished product. God help us all

I have tried it in the new version to see if it has any bugs corrected.

And mistakes are so serious, I think:

They feel no shame developers?, are about useless.

Do not feel embarrassed crew chief of development, have such inept subordinates and how bad does its job?

And as can be so irresponsible MetaQuotes managers who are giving a bad image to the user community.

Because I just want to get away from everything metatrader products, and I use one platform competition, which is certainly more reliable.

They don't care about users. It started with metatrader 5 and they stopped caring about users opinion. And also, they failed to learn. If they are not able to learn from metatrader 5 failure then who can explain them that they are doing the same mistake again and that it can be fatal this time?

I have a funny feeling that nobody cares any more. We might be the witnesses of mq end

Reason: