Metatrader known bugs ... - page 17

cja:
I found some more Bugs. Load the ex4 into Experts and run it and you will see what I mean, make sure you have the chart zoomed fully back so that the candles are as small as possible. buggy_ea.ex4

That is the holly grail

Finally we have it :):)

cja:
I found some more Bugs. Load the ex4 into Experts and run it and you will see what I mean, make sure you have the chart zoomed fully back so that the candles are as small as possible. buggy_ea.ex4

Nice :):)

About ex4 compiled with previous builds of metatrader 4 and new metatrader 4 :

It is not true that ex4 from previous builds will be executed in the new metatrader 4. Today I had a case when one ex4 compiled with a build previous to build 509 was not working correctly in new metatrader 4 and when I simply took that same code and compiled it with build 509 it was working again. So, there is no guarantee at all that all old ex4 file will work on new metatrader 4

Every now and then my EA simply gets unloaded from the terminal

I have noticed sometimes at random indicators and ea's can be deleted when changing time frames, they are just removed off the chart?

Another issue I have noticed is when the indicator/ea I am compiling is loaded onto a chart while compiling takes place it does not always update the on chart indicator/ea you have to remove the indicator/ea off the chart and reload it to see the result of the compilation and that is random as well? Sometimes the on chart indicator/ea updates sometimes it does not update. This is a real pain when you are coding graphic display types of code because you have to constantly check to see if the on chart indicator/ea is actually showing the compiled result. You can tell you have this issue because either the graphic display does not update on compiling or when you remove the indicator/ea the graphics do not delete with the removal of the indicator/ea.

I may remind the old bug, that persists in the Metatrader 4 since I can remember.

When the trading account changes, all indicators continue to work with just a new start() cycle. No deinit() nor init(). It is just indicators, while experts do restart as expected.

Today they refused to fix another bug in any way. So we may consider it permanent:

Files:

BIG, BIG bug (error in trading platform) found by CJA

See this post for explanation what build 616 did (or better told : didn't do) to his orders : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page84

Guys, be very, very carefull with your live trading and trust to nothing that we were using with previous builds of metatrader 4 without problems. Double check everything.

Even though I am looking for new , safe and advanced forex trading platform I am still messing around with mt4.

I have never had this problem with previous builts unlike the current one: When I want to save the indicator to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators the indicator doesnt appear in the indicator folder in the platform.Then I tried to drag the indicators from desktop to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators but this time the indicator doesnt open below the chart Begin Trend - MQL4 Code Base

Can anyone help?

nevar:
Even though I am looking for new , safe and advanced forex trading platform I am still messing around with mt4.

I have never had this problem with previous builts unlike the current one: When I want to save the indicator to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators the indicator doesnt appear in the indicator folder in the platform.Then I tried to drag the indicators from desktop to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators but this time the indicator doesnt open below the chart Begin Trend - MQL4 Code Base

Can anyone help?

Unlike 509 and before, the File Open Dialog box allows you to select the directory in which to open an indicator source file. When you compile it, it saves the compiled ex4 file in the same directory. It may be that you have opened an indicator from another directory unknowingly and the ex4 is being saved there. The way to check is to place the cursor over the indicator tab in the editor and it will then show the full path name for you to confirm. I have made this mistake and it took a while to identify the problem

Cheers

Tzuman

Reason: