Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 66

skc321:
HI Mladen, I manage to get the new version of MT4 build 566, however I would like to test some of my old indicator (I only have .ex4) in this new version of MT4, can you please guide me how to load them in new version of MT4.

skc321

Simplest way to do so is to open the source and save it in the new mql4/indicators folder of the beta version folder of new metatrader 4. From then on all is the same as with current metatrader (if the compilation goes through)

Is it possible to open if I have only .EX4 files

skc321:
Is it possible to open if I have only .EX4 files

skc321

It is not possible (edit) it. You can try to use it as is, but no gurantees that it will work OK

PS: some stuff will not work without serious rewriting (all offline charting software without exception - just one example). And some is not going to work at all from now on (some dlls that interacted with metatrader using strings are most probably not going to work any more at all)

mladen:
PS: some stuff will not work without serious rewriting (all offline charting software without exception - just one example). And some is not going to work at all from now on (some dlls that interacted with metatrader using strings are most probably not going to work any more at all)

What is your estimate : which percent will have to be remade?

checkin:
What is your estimate : which percent will have to be remade?

I don't know but it will be a significant % (I mean not just a percent or two)

Build 567 - the problem with loading multiple instances of indicators as described in one of the previous posts still exists

Adaptive super smoother

And one more to avoid posting just the bad things about this beta

This is adaptive super smoother for this new version of metatrader 4

mladen:
I don't know but it will be a significant % (I mean not just a percent or two)

Means there will be a lot of errors in the beginning of new metatrader 4 usage. Bugs + coding conversion problems = possible disaster

Build 568. They solved the issue from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page43 is solved. Issue from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page41 still the same

Reason: