Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 26

mladen:
I wish I could say that this is only funny (and it is funny). But it is kind of a sad too that what we were thinking about just might be true

As long as those are not centuries it is good

Nothing to add to my previous post regarding this subject ...

Files:

mladen:
Nothing to add to my previous post regarding this subject ...

It will be centuries

techmac:
It will be centuries

At a Russian talking part of the metaquotes site the conclusion is very similar to the one we already made : the year of releasing the new metatrader was never stated and we assumed that it will be this year

The odds that we are going to see a usable new metatrader 4 this year are smaller and smaller each and every day. It seems as one more promise we have been given and there was no basis at all for such a promise

techmac:
The odds that we are going to see a usable new metatrader 4 this year are smaller and smaller each and every day. It seems as one more promise we have been given and there was no basis at all for such a promise

They are throwing out new updates for metatrader 5 very frequently. Now they are even announcing updates for metatrader 5 before it is done. No news about metatrader 4 and as far as I see no news regarding metatrader 4 compatibility in the new builds of metatrader 5

mladen:
They are throwing out new updates for metatrader 5 very frequently. Now they are even announcing updates for metatrader 5 before it is done. No news about metatrader 4 and as far as I see no news regarding metatrader 4 compatibility in the new builds of metatrader 5

In the end there will be no "new metatrader 4"

mladen:
I wish I could say that this is only funny (and it is funny). But it is kind of a sad too that what we were thinking about just might be true

This is the continuation of that conversation (interesting ) :

Files:

Another issue is MetaQuotes are really screwing any reputable sellers of MT4 trading tools around big time, I do not personally feel it right to sell any MT4 trading tools at the moment as they may well become unusable or redundant some time in the near future with the very real possibilty of not being able to easily replace them with whatever Platform/editor/programming language MetaQuotes ends up with.

cja:
Another issue is MetaQuotes are really screwing any reputable sellers of MT4 trading tools around big time, I do not personally feel it right to sell any MT4 trading tools at the moment as they may well become unusable or redundant some time in the near future with the very real possibilty of not being able to easily replace them with whatever Platform/editor/programming language MetaQuotes ends up with.

Unfortunately not just that

They have made a couple of upgrades that made previous code written in metatrader 5 unusable. So, even the code written in metatrader 5 had to be rewritten to a "newer metatrader 5" . If they do the same thing with the newly planed metatrader 4 (upgrades that will render previous code written for the same platform useless) it will not be good at all

Reason: