Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 15

techmac:
Come to think, that is not a surprise at all. They are doing it for quite some time (lack of information) so why should they inform their own moderators of what is going on. They keep everybody at the same level. What level is that? Better not to write it down

I don't think that in this case it is a matter of bad intentions

One proverb comes to mind : "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". It seems that this case (the "upgrading" metatrader 4) is a classical case of something like that. Announcement too soon, goal to vague, realization to slow ...

I wish I could think so mildly of metaquotes

Just trying to think logically (and I hope that they are doing the same)

mladen:
I don't think that in this case it is a matter of bad intentions One proverb comes to mind : "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". It seems that this case (the "upgrading" metatrader 4) is a classical case of something like that. Announcement too soon, goal to vague, realization to slow ...

And probably a show stopper emerged in their Alpha tests, execution speed perhaps?

Tzuman:
And probably a show stopper emerged in their Alpha tests, execution speed perhaps?

If the speed execution is similar to the one of metatrader 5 (where you can see with your naked eye when it draws the indicator at a "speed of light speed") then probably that could be the reason ... Maybe finally somebody compared the execution speed of metatrader 4 and 5

As far as that little information is coming in, in the new metatrader 4 orders are going to be handled the same way as they are handled now. It means that we are going to be able to open multiple orders on the same symbol (unlike the metatrader 5 that allows only one position opened). If it is so, than at least one good news about the whole thing (since EAs should continue working with minimal or no changes at all)

If they change the way orders are handled in metatrader 4, that will be the end of it. If they plan at all to keep metatrader 4 alive they have to keep the way it trades too. Otherwise it will be dead

I think that this time they are aware of it (what would the metatrader 5 way of handling orders bring to the future of metatrader 4). Anyway, as I said, so far it is confirmed that metatrader 4 will continue to handle orders the way it does it now, so there should be no surprises regarding that.

Made some tests, and what I wish is that this kind of change happens :

If that kind of parameters will be allowed in the new metatrader, then we would finally have parameter names that will stop being crypticall. Even now it compiles it, but on the existing terminal it can not be executed yet (the existing terminal refuses to attach it to the chart), and that is why I am waiting for a new terminal.

Files:
enum.gif  23 kb

Yep, a change in the way how parameters are displayed would be very nice

It is the 3rd month since they announced those changes. Since then there was only 1 (one) update. It does not seem like something serious so far

Reason: