Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 14

The absence of any news regarding this is becoming a rule of thumb (not even answers to questions like "when will the terminal be ready" - nothing). No comment at this time ...

Will it be a problem at all ? I mean right now brokers offer both MT4 and MT5.

Or will the new version be compulsory for all brokers ? I think they will then offer three versions for use ?

Gfuchs:
Will it be a problem at all ? I mean right now brokers offer both MT4 and MT5. Or will the new version be compulsory for all brokers ? I think they will then offer three versions for use ?

Gfuchs

I don't know. But if we take into consideration how metatrader 4 upgrades (starting from build 500) I have a feeling that we are not going to be "asked" what version do we want to use - that it will simply be upgraded to what they feel should be the mandatory version. Already that lack of "yes, I do wish to upgrade" question thing can be disputed - that is a way how spamming applications work not trading platforms, but ... let's wait and see.

With a lack of information they are forcing us to project our wishes and, unfortunately, our wishes and what have been done with metatrader were not always on the same side, so better to wait (less disappointment in any case )

They are doing the same as they did with metatrader 5 - nothing

After years and years metatrader 5 has the same errors it had at the beginning. It will be the same with this. Or we shall be told : no more metatrader 4.

techmac:
They are doing the same as they did with metatrader 5 - nothing After years and years metatrader 5 has the same errors it had at the beginning. It will be the same with this. Or we shall be told : no more metatrader 4.

Why we can draw such nice pictures using metatrader 5

If you think that it is an indicator, it s not. It is a "demonstration of the possibilities of generating custom images on the chart by means of MQL5." So, no, it is not an extrapolation

Files:
flames.gif  50 kb

If they are preoccupied with graphics and not with the important things (like the terminal that we all should be beta testing for quite some time now) then the story about metatrader is starting to have a recognizable end

techmac:
If they are preoccupied with graphics and not with the important things (like the terminal that we all should be beta testing for quite some time now) then the story about metatrader is starting to have a recognizable end

I hope that it is not so (that would be a very unreasonable way to go for any company being in a position similar to metaquotes - so I count on reason prevailing)

I hope that your confidence in reason is justified

techmac:
I hope that your confidence in reason is justified

I don't know

We shall see. But judging from the fact that even the moderators on mql site do not know when will the new terminal be available (at least those are their answers to the question when will it be available), maybe I should revise some of my optimism

Files:
answer.gif  16 kb

Come to think, that is not a surprise at all. They are doing it for quite some time (lack of information) so why should they inform their own moderators of what is going on. They keep everybody at the same level. What level is that? Better not to write it down

Reason: