Harmonic Analysis - page 63

RyuShin, It's good to have you back around here! it was pretty quite

RyuShin:
ZUP (v135 ALL 113) detected a bullish anti butterfly but ratio wise (also time) this would be a bullish N200 to me.

well, it looks like a bat pattern or maybe can I say now tradable gartley?

it was just before NFP+unemployment

very nice scalping opportunity to take 70 pips on the way up and 30 pips on the way down

Files:
eurusdm15_3.png  76 kb

irad:
RyuShin, It's good to have you back around here! it was pretty quitewell, it looks like a bat pattern or maybe can I say now tradable gartley?it was just before NFP+unemploymentvery nice scalping opportunity to take 70 pips on the way up and 30 pips on the way down

I'm glad to be back too! You can call it tradable gartley I guess. I think and I hope somebody will ask why it's a tradable gartley pattern so that we can discuss more here Maybe it was a good opportunity to go long if you look at structure. The pair tested the significant support level few times and went up. TP1 would be the nearest resistance and then TP2 would be further resistance. I think the pair soon will test TP2 area or maybe it'll break the area.

Files:
eurusdm15_4.png  46 kb

Maybe it was another long opportunity for this 222 gartley to reach D point

Files:

irad:
Maybe it was another long opportunity for this 222 gartley to reach D point

Did you use the fakeout method to draw it? There are potential bearish bat and N200 too if we take the C.

Files:

RyuShin:
Did you use the fakeout method to draw it? There are potential bearish bat and N200 too if we take the C.

yes I did that other method to draw fibs,

I want to be clear about that

I see now only butterflys and gartleys,

as long it didn't break the X leg it's a gartley,

once it's CLOSE above X leg it's a butterfly,

so it really doesn't matter what's the name of the pattern it just for me it just a subjective name that human-beings attach to the patterns(basically most patterns are like this), I care more about fib ratio convergence and AB=CD symmetry which usually comes with the correct usage of fibonacci expansion tool.

I hope to see some nice example on different time-frames this week so I can be more clear about that method.

irad:
yes I did that other method to draw fibs,I want to be clear about thatI see now only butterflys and gartleys,as long it didn't break the X leg it's a gartley,once it's CLOSE above X leg it's a butterfly,so it really doesn't matter what's the name of the pattern it just for me it just a subjective name that human-beings attach to the patterns(basically most patterns are like this), I care more about fib ratio convergence and AB=CD symmetry which usually comes with the correct usage of fibonacci expansion tool.I hope to see some nice example on different time-frames this week so I can be more clear about that method.

Could you tell me what fibo level to enter for butterfly if it breaks and closes above X in the case? I read the thread in the forum but I really don't comprehend the method. I'd like to see more convincing point of view of the method.

RyuShin:
Could you tell me what fibo levels to enter for butterfly if it breaks and closes above X in the case? I read the thread in the forum but I really don't comprehend the method. I'd like to see more convincing point of view of the method.

no problem, I am testing it as-well.

i'll keep looking for examples,

now I have from this morning GBPJPY 222 gartley

88.6% perfect convergence with 127.2% - look at the screenshot, almost turn around on a dime!

for butterfly I'll look for shallow BAC retrace 23.6% to 38.2%(it means that the trend is strong which is likely going to break X point)

and i'll look for XA 100%, 127.2%, 161.8%, 261.8%

convergence with 100%, 127.2%, 161.8%, 261.8%, 361.8%(testing this one)

irad:
no problem, I am testing it as-well.i'll keep looking for examples,now I have from this morning GBPJPY 222 gartley88.6% perfect convergence with 127.2% - look at the screenshot, almost turn around on a dime!for butterfly I'll look for shallow BAC retrace 23.6% to 38.2%(it means that the trend is strong which is likely going to break X point)and i'll look for XA 100%, 127.2%, 161.8%, 261.8%convergence with 100%, 127.2%, 161.8%, 261.8%, 361.8%(testing this one)

Thanks irad. On the pair, I had a bullish bat (M15 and M30) and 121 (M15). My target was B of the bat. It's interesting because there are many different ways for entry.

Files:
gbpjpym15.png  62 kb

RyuShin:
Thanks irad. On the pair, I had a bullish bat (M15 and M30) and 121 (M15). My target was B of the bat. It's interesting because there are many different ways for entry.

Oh, look at zigzag of that pattern that form, it's weird that it didn't took that "news-fakeout" as part of the zigzag(

irad:
Oh, look at zigzag of that pattern that form, it's weird that it didn't took that "news-fakeout" as part of the zigzag(

It is very odd but it worked out anyhow. As for the "fakeout" method (I don't know how I should call it), check out the pics below. ZUP detected a butterfly pattern but ratios of the pattern is not correct for normal butterfly. The method is draw fibo B to A and move it on BC leg, is it correct?

Files:
Reason: