Harmonic Analysis - page 112

loumanchew:
I don't use fundamentals at all actually, just the time of news as a catalyst like you would use a cycle as a confirmation of technicals. Was just trying to help but I'll shut up now.

You don't have to shut yourself up. If you want to discuss you're very welcome to put yourself up here. Cycle is not part of my strategy (not yet or never will be). I just want you to understand that the thread is for traders to share their thoughts and analysis based on harmonics, not for news catalyst analysis or something. But you know what? news catalyst might be part of harmonics just like maybe "history repeats itself"? Anyways I hope we're cool. You're always welcome to share your knowledge and education so that people who watch the thread can get some useful information.

RyuShin:
Could you explain your resistance levels with a picture? Thanks.

Hey RyuShin, sorry, looks like I missed it. I do not exactly know what you meant, pls clarify.

Generally I am still searching for a good indi, mostly I am checking previous HTF visually.

Today I managed to place a fib-pivot (GMT offset) indi, which looks promising, but I just had the first look at it so far.

lobogabor:
Hey RyuShin, sorry, looks like I missed it. I do not exactly know what you meant, pls clarify.Generally I am still searching for a good indi, mostly I am checking previous HTF visually. Today I managed to place a fib-pivot (GMT offset) indi, which looks promising, but I just had the first look at it so far.

Do you remember there was a bearish bat pattern on GBPJPY we were talking about this week? You said "I got out on X, but I am back for the same reasons, however I am not happy with myself. I had the resistance and gap consideration as well, but the candle closed above my resistance levels (made a HH/HC), so it means bullish, and that is why I am not so happy, but lets see now.". Price invalidated the bat pattern and went north. I used breakout to compensate my loss so I ended up buying. You said "bullish" so I was wondering if you could expand on that matter with a pic or something.

RyuShin:
Do you remember there was a bearish bat pattern on GBPJPY we were talking about this week? You said "bullish" so I was wondering if you could expand on that matter with a pic or something.

It was a good excercise for me, I make a lot of screenshots, but I have missed the AFTER pic in this case, and probably in most cases. Now after the fact, I have hard time to reconstruct the HP even . So there is something to think of, and work on.

Here is the pic I meant that time - broke above resistance (blue comment).

Files:

lobogabor:
It was a good excercise for me, I make a lot of screenshots, but I have missed the AFTER pic in this case, and probably in most cases. Now after the fact, I have hard time to reconstruct the HP even . So there is something to think of, and work on.Here is the pic I meant that time - broke above resistance (blue comment).

Thanks lobo. I was looking around that area too. Did you have any reason why you did not go long?

RyuShin:
Thanks lobo. I was looking around that area too. Did you have any reason why you did not go long?

I guess, hard to switch perception, plus I missed ur message that time as well.

RyuShin:
YOU don't need cycles but some traders do need cycles for their strategy. If analyzing fundamentals is your strategy, that is your strategy but not for everybody. There are millions of ways to trade. Not only one.

Yes I agree. As for me I need cycles to trade. That is how I catched the SPX bottom in 2011..

lobogabor:
I guess, hard to switch perception, plus I missed ur message that time as well.

Btw did you get weekly/monthly fibo pivot indicators too? If not, collect them all. They are useful if you engage in support/resistance. If you have hard time finding them, let me know. I'll share them here.

Vladimir42:
Yes I agree. As for me I need cycles to trade. That is how I catched the SPX bottom in 2011..

You're welcome to share your cycle analysis here If you feel like please feel free to do so. Currently I'm dabbling in cycles and time to see if I can enhance my trading.

NZDUSD. Seems like the pair has been struggling to break August high. From August high to August low, there are 57 bars on 4 hour chart. There will be 57 bars from the August low soon. RSX shows bearish divergence so it's likely to go down soon but nobody knows.

Files:
nzdusdh4.png  58 kb
Reason: