Metatrader known bugs ... - page 103

Ovo:
I did not test it properly, as I am waiting if any new build cures the fault. I do not want to waste time as a volunteer tester unless necessary.

Builds 851+ get killed with any broker on my computer, live or demo.

The code is close to yours, just accessing other timeframe (not the current one)

CopyRates("EURUSD",10080,0,1075, testRates)

It is the last line in my log before the terminal disappears.

Update

Apologies. Forget the CopyRates. I traced the bug and realized the bug that kills the terminal since build 851 was not in CopyRates, but rather in the ArrayCopy. The rest of my previous messages are still valid.

#property strict

void OnStart() {

MqlRates allRates[];

MqlRates candles[];

ArrayCopyRates(allRates, Symbol(), PERIOD_CURRENT);

ArraySetAsSeries(candles, true);

ArrayCopy(candles, allRates, 0, 0, WHOLE_ARRAY); // kills the terminal

}

Ovo:
Update

Apologies. Forget the CopyRates. I traced the bug and realized the bug that kills the terminal since build 851 was not in CopyRates, but rather in the ArrayCopy. The rest of my previous messages are still valid.

#property strict

void OnStart() {

MqlRates allRates[];

MqlRates candles[];

}

If it is trying t use n=mt5 ArrayCopy() than no wonder : ArrayCopy() in mt 5 is ridiculous

mladen:
If it is trying t use n=mt5 ArrayCopy() than no wonder : ArrayCopy() in mt 5 is ridiculous

It make sense, in the release notes there is a point that they made improvements in ArrayCopy. It works 20% faster, they say. The speed it kills the terminal now is amazing

Ovo:
Update

#property strict

void OnStart() {

MqlRates allRates[];

MqlRates candles[];

}

Ovo

Checked it. At first I thought that I found the solution. But it turned out that :

1. it crashes terminal when used as script (using the OnStart() procedure)

2. it crashes terminal when used as an EA (using the OnTick() procedure)

3. it crashes the terminal when used as indicator when OnCalculate is used() but only if you use more than one instance and id you try to remove the indicator from the chart

All in all, it is indicating severe flaw somewhere in the terminal which makes the stuff code using new programming rules very vulnerable (it is not just a problem in ArrayCopy() or else indicators would not have that different behavior)

Build 865 : as buggy as hell

mladen:
Ovo

Checked it. At first I thought that I found the solution. But it turned out that :

1. it crashes terminal when used as script (using the OnStart() procedure)

2. it crashes terminal when used as an EA (using the OnTick() procedure)

3. it crashes the terminal when used as indicator when OnCalculate is used() but only if you use more than one instance and id you try to remove the indicator from the chart

All in all, it is indicating severe flaw somewhere in the terminal which makes the stuff code using new programming rules very vulnerable (it is not just a problem in ArrayCopy() or else indicators would not have that different behavior)

Well, bug happens. But this simple one points to the fact, that they use no internal quality process, relying on volunteers' reports after "beta" release.

I think that they lost the compass

I do not see any direction where does this go

apprentice coder:
I think that they lost the compass I do not see any direction where does this go

With web version added, there is no way they will ever make a bug free trading platform any more

Ovo:
Well, bug happens. But this simple one points to the fact, that they use no internal quality process, relying on volunteers' reports after "beta" release.

Build 866 : the problem you identified still is not corrected. Exactly the same behavior as in previous build - terminal simply gets closed

Same old things : complaints ignored

Reason: