Metatrader known bugs ... - page 109

Well, actually their silent change of SetSymbolPeriod() behaviour in recent builds caused me really hard times, I have thousands of copies of my scripts among users, which relied on the function and which are now affected by this change, causing damage to data and script malfunction.

Apparently some problems with templates and new build 920

Some problems with certain display resolutions in build 920

Sometimes EAs are causing global initialization failure error in new build 920 (they did not cause that in previous builds)

Multidimensional Array Bug

I got one 4-dimensional array working perfectly. I added a second 2-dimensional array but it did not work right.

The second one uses the first two dimensions' data of the first array, yet did not work. I used comments to find where the problem started. it turned out to stop the indicator cold on the ArrayFill command. Even a following GetLastError command did not run.

I kept testing and here is what I found:

1. If I did not run the ArrayResize command on the newer array, the ArrayFill command did the Resize, and it worked!

2. If I retained the ArrayResize for the newer array, then if the initial value of the declaration statement set the first array value equal to or greater than the later resized size of the first dimension, it worked fine. If less than that, it did not work, but stopped the indicator as in 1 above.

The order in which they were declared, or whether run set as int or bool, did not matter.

Big Be

Big Be:
Multidimensional Array Bug

I got one 4-dimensional array working perfectly. I added a second 2-dimensional array but it did not work right.

The second one uses the first two dimensions' data of the first array, yet did not work. I used comments to find where the problem started. it turned out to stop the indicator cold on the ArrayFill command. Even a following GetLastError command did not run.

I kept testing and here is what I found:

1. If I did not run the ArrayResize command on the newer array, the ArrayFill command did the Resize, and it worked!

2. If I retained the ArrayResize for the newer array, then if the initial value of the declaration statement set the first array value equal to or greater than the later resized size of the first dimension, it worked fine. If less than that, it did not work, but stopped the indicator as in 1 above.

The order in which they were declared, or whether run set as int or bool, did not matter.

Big Be

Did you check this (as an example) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173562

That indicator uses a 2 dimensional array with dynamic resizing and all works OK

mladen:

Did you check this (as an example) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173562

That indicator uses a 2 dimensional array with dynamic resizing and all works OK

mladen,

I looked at your indicator. I agree, it should have worked. The differences between mine and yours are mostly covered above.

Do you want relevant code sections?

I am just reporting what I figured out after a LOT of aggravation and experiment.

(It held up delivery of a paid-for indicator for too long.)

Big Be

Big Be:

mladen,

I looked at your indicator. I agree, it should have worked. The differences between mine and yours are mostly covered above.

I am just reporting what I figured out after a LOT of aggravation and experiment.

Big Be

Did you solve the issues?

Big Be:

mladen,

Big Be

I see a lot of code working with no problem with multi dimensional arrays - seems that the issues are past

i think this is the right thread....

since the latest updates . copy and apply custom indicators in folders mql4/indicators ..etc doesnt work i copy my old ( 2012 ) things inside but in mt4 it doesnt show up

whats wrong with it

Reason: