Metatrader known bugs ... - page 30

checkin:
I am frequently getting "global initialization failure" error with some stuff. The stuff that used to work befor. As if there were some secret updates that are hidden from us but that metatrader now has even more errors

It usually means that there is some problem with some arrays

Even though if not in strict mode it does not report it, almost all problems of that kind I saw so far were having problems with array (buffers) access.

And one more problem : in some cases, build 464 does not report zero divide, as it should. There is less and less compatibility to older versions - a lot of old code will not work without serious rewrite. Error handling in these new builds is worse and worse with each and every new build - soon it will be the same as metatrader 5 as far as error handling is concerned - a disaster without any error handling or any way to insert our own error handlers

mladen:
And one more problem : in some cases, build 464 does not report zero divide, as it should. There is less and less compatibility to older versions - a lot of old code will not work without serious rewrite. Error handling in these new builds is worse and worse with each and every new build - soon it will be the same as metatrader 5 as far as error handling is concerned - a disaster without any error handling or any way to insert our own error handlers

Something is wrong : I have found new files in webinstall folder, and metatrader did not show that it was updated. As if they are doing hidden updates (and without changing the build number). That may be a reason why something works one day and does not work the other

checkin:
Something is wrong : I have found new files in webinstall folder, and metatrader did not show that it was updated. As if they are doing hidden updates (and without changing the build number). That may be a reason why something works one day and does not work the other

Maybe they do not want us to know about numerous updates (after all they are telling us that this is a release version, not a beta. If they change the build every day then it would be clear that it is a beta)

checkin:

I agree. I am running 625 and and received the Windows notice to allow the update which I rejected. Then went to Roaming dir and deleted WebInstall directory. The next time I restarted Terminal, the update notice returned and WebInstall was back. Certainly looks like a virus to me.

Tzuman:
I agree. I am running 625 and and received the Windows notice to allow the update which I rejected. Then went to Roaming dir and deleted WebInstall directory. The next time I restarted Terminal, the update notice returned and WebInstall was back. Certainly looks like a virus to me.

It certainly looks like that. I can understand that it downloads historical data, but writing all sorts of files all around my PC without asking or notifying me is not what a trading platform should do. That is a malware or virus - whatever

Seems that it started : daily data indicator that worked for me for years, does not work in build 509 any more. Good luck guys. Seems that something has already been done

They got an official complaint now : a lot of functions do not work in back test when different time frame then the one tested is used :

Visual back testing is becoming as buggy as the rest of metatrader

Files:
bug.gif  30 kb

Its BAAAACK!!! I'm infected again with WebInstall! It came back with a 5/15 date on the directory, like it was "undeleted" from the Trash Bin.

It is doing all the time (without our approval). Only when it comes to update, some antiviruses and anti-malware are warning us about the update. But then the files are already on out computers.

Reason: