Indicators with alerts/signal - page 317

nlenz
nlenz  
mladen:
Before taking bigger risk : it is a smoothed solar wind with "signal line" added

Thanks. It does look a bit interesting.

You can probably fix the repainting by making the loop go the right way, but I don't know if it'll still give the same signals.

Noam

William Snyder
William Snyder  
nlenz:

You can probably fix the repainting by making the loop go the right way, but I don't know if it'll still give the same signals.

Noam

Mladen fixed the repainting and it doesn't give the same signals, his version at least a bar faster, but the holly ma will repaint back to look faster, anyway here's the non repainting version with alerts.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Noam

It is not only the loop direction that needed to get fixed. Some other things were different (like the fact that the original Ehlers fisher transform seeks for highs and lows within the values processed and not in high and low prices)

The version that MrTools posted s the correct one and it should be used when it comes to Ehlers fisher transform.

Solar wind (and its variations) is just an unfortunate episode in which people were rushing before checking what they wrote and then it was spread around by snake oil sellers because, with its repainting, it looks so good in hindsight (it is spread so much that it is like a disease : new and new breads are coming and coming :):)) I even made a thread about it (this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179650 ), but it seems that the disease is still out there

regards

Mladen

nlenz:

Noam
oxbuck
oxbuck  
nlenz:
Hi Sara,

Here is the indicator with alerts.

If you want alerts then both the Alerts setting and the Signals have to be set to true.

I also reduced the number of repetitive signals of the same kind (e.g was buy, buy, buy... now hopefully just buy, exit etc.). Also, the signals now refresh by themselves.

Noam

Can you also take the 2MA2.mq4 (or 2MA.mq4) and put an alert when the "line" value turns from positive to negative, and from negative to positive? Thanks soo much!

Tommy
Tommy  

EA that uses NonLagMA as trailing Stops SL

Hello, I exit my trades when the first bar closes past the NONLag Moving Average line.

I have seen eas use a simpleMA, EMA, LMA, WMA, to trail their SL but I cant find one using the NONLag MA

Has anyone ever come across this? or would it be difficult for anyone to code?

I have included the indicator that I use as my NonLag Moving Average

Files:
studbiol
studbiol  
nlenz:
Here it is. It can either ..... xxxx.wav and the actual file should be in the sounds folder which is located inside the metatrader folder. Noam

Thank you for the work and the quick reply

mladen:
Noam It is not only ... Solar wind (and its variations) is just an unfortunate episode in which people were rushing before checking what they wrote. Mladen

... and it looked so promising again! I thought it shows only crossings of EMA/LWMA. Some evil will rise ever and ever again.

Thank you for clarification.

Files:
nlenz
nlenz  

You're welcome.

targus
targus  

Mr Tools

Would you mind having a look at this candlestick-v1 indy that I downloaded a few weeks back on forex-std. It repaints and there is no alarm, I have had quite a bit of success with this indicator winning a few hundred pips on the 4hr and daily timeframes. Can you set an alarm for the 4hr/daily I would also value your opinion on it and do you know who developed it? Many thanks.

Files:
nlenz
nlenz  
oxbuck:
Can you also take the 2MA2.mq4 (or 2MA.mq4) and put an alert when the "line" value turns from positive to negative, and from negative to positive? Thanks soo much!

Here you go. Just set Alerts to true whenever you want. (it's on by default).

I've also changed the color of Line to Aqua.

Noam

William Snyder
William Snyder  
targus:
Mr Tools Would you mind having a look at this candlestick-v1 indy that I downloaded a few weeks back on forex-std. It repaints and there is no alarm, I have had quite a bit of success with this indicator winning a few hundred pips on the 4hr and daily timeframes. Can you set an alarm for the 4hr/daily I would also value your opinion on it and do you know who developed it? Many thanks.

Targus,

Just to update you the indicator use a 5 period ema slope to determine initial trend then identifies candle stick patterns from there am working on it but it is a long process for this indicator and may take awhile , because it has potential IMO but needs a lot.It has a username of "Nikelodeon" in it a looks like it was developed by a Russian speaking person is all i know of it.

ps(just want to add am trying to fix but there's no promises will be able to)